Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2008 12:12:51 PM EDT
I'm trying to figure out what the value is on a pre-ban AR-15 I have.  I bought this as new and it was less than 200 rounds through it.  Looks great.  It's the Bushmaster 11.5" / 5.5" configuration.  It's like this but the carry handle is not removable.

http://74.53.107.226/~kelsey/images/stories/bushmasterguns/A3_11.5IN_CARBINE_223_30RD_MAG.jpg

I have been looking through the For Sale forum but almost everything pre-ban I see is just the lower.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends directly on which state you live in.  If it's a ban state, then you'll get more than a free state.

Hardwarz
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
Depends directly on which state you live in.  If it's a ban state, then you'll get more than a free state.

Hardwarz

Can you ship a pre-ban in to a banned state, since it's a pre-ban?  I don't live in a ban state but I assumed that I could sell it to someone in a ban state.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
ill give you a laptop for it lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hardwarz

Can you ship a pre-ban in to a banned state, since it's a pre-ban?  I don't live in a ban state but I assumed that I could sell it to someone in a ban state.

I know for a fact that you can sell it to those of us in NY.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm trying to figure out what the value is on a pre-ban AR-15 I have.  I bought this as new and it was less than 200 rounds through it.  Looks great.  It's the Bushmaster 11.5" / 5.5" configuration.  It's like this but the carry handle is not removable.

74.53.107.226/~kelsey/images/stories/bushmasterguns/A3_11.5IN_CARBINE_223_30RD_MAG.jpg

I have been looking through the For Sale forum but almost everything pre-ban I see is just the lower.  

$650-850 is the going rate for a used Bushmaster. Do you have all the goodies with it?
I just picked one up in pristine condition with hard case, 2-mags, manual, etc...for $750.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:

$650-850 is the going rate for a used Bushmaster. Do you have all the goodies with it?
I just picked one up in pristine condition with hard case, 2-mags, manual, etc...for $750.

That one a pre-ban to a pre-ban state?  I know $650ish is normal for a non-ban state.  But pre-ban lowers alone are going for over $600 on the for sale forum.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I sent my last pre-ban to an FFL dealer in NY state for a transfer to a NY resident.

For a stripped Oly lower from 1992 (used) I got $175.  For the lower only.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That one a pre-ban to a pre-ban state?  I know $650ish is normal for a non-ban state.  But pre-ban lowers alone are going for over $600 on the for sale forum.

Some states don't allow any "ban" or not , CA is one of those. I think NY and maybe CT are the only states where "ban" status makes any difference.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
When you say 'Pre Ban' do you mean you bought it as a complete rifle prior to 13 Sept 1994

or do you mean it has 'evil features'?

Bought prior.  It's a very early Bushmaster.  Serial is in the 0006xx range.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some states don't allow any "ban" or not , CA is one of those. I think NY and maybe CT are the only states where "ban" status makes any difference.

Good for folks in Mass too if they have some super duper carry/assault weapons permit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like your saying there are no AR's in commiefornia...
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 1:41:29 AM EDT
[#14]

height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Sounds like your saying there are no AR's in commiefornia...

Now that would not be true!
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:37:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Ct also allows pre bans to be bought and sold as if they were any old long gun as long as they don't have the wrong name stamped on the side. (Colt AR15-no good,bushmaster ok)
Its had to say what the value of this OPs gun would be in CT because we have this double wammy of allowable guns needing to be both pre 1994 and not on "the list"
Sad to say in general most guns I have seen were being offered for close to double what a non pre ban would bring,what they are being actually sold for could be something else again
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top