Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 12:18:34 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me the roundabout value of a used Colt Match Target, serial number CMH034xxx? I have not yet seen it in person, a friend called me told me about it, and said it looked pretty good.

Also, how can I verify that it’s all 100% Colt? Any insight on this would be great. I’m not new to AR’s, just new to Colts.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel obligated to respond to this since you also ride.

What configuration? It would be easier to answer if you gave a model #.

I have a match target myself. 6400C.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
CMH is a circa 1998-2002 Match Target Match HBAR.  20" HBAR A2, no bayo lug, may or may not have a flash hider or a compensator is about the only options that I know of.  Pre 2000 will have the small Colt doublehead screw and be undrilled for detent, later will be drilled but most still have the screw.  $700 is a good price

Colt markings should be on the barrel C MP C 1:7 NATO or similar, CMB marked A2 upper, C marked half circle carrier and MPC or MPa letter then C marked bolt

ETA:  $700 might be low, they are getting scarce, but definitely less than $1,000.00 for that particular type Colt.  They are great.  I own one and had another.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know, but I never see any colts, match target or otherwise locally. And when I do, they are at astronomical prices, and the same goes for gun shows. The cheapest Colts (match target or otherwise) are extremely high. They are high enough that the SAW booth is usually the cheapest. I would guess that with the right buyer it would be worth more than what most people here will tell you, but I don't know for certain. I would guess it depends on how common they are locally.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know the exact model number, or even the exact condition. But it's marked for 800, and he said he might take 700, I may try and low ball him at like 600, depending on how it looks. I might go take a look at it tomorrow. If it's the C model, there's a much better chance I'll pick it up. I don't like the naked barrel look much.

Thanks for the info Airgun1.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, I paid just under a grand said and done for mine 2 years ago. It was sold as used but the previous owner never shot it, just owned it. I have denuetered it except for the bayo lug and couldnt be happier. I believe I purchased it below what it could have gone for normally. Nowadays, Colt's are way exspensive.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
In this state there going for $1600..if its a bluelabel marked sporter match HBAR or like yours a match target I think has a govt profile barrel..if it says sporter on the lower its a latemodel bluelabel but earlier than the push pin models if its still a 2 screw type with fence around the mag catch.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Match Target Target Models have serial prefix CST, and have the gov't profile barrel

Match Target Match HBAR have serial prefix CMH

The Match HBAR is MH serial prefix unless I am mistaken; this is an earlier version with the sear block.  

I am not mistaken about those Match Target prefixes or configs.  These are both late 1990's with the web instead of sear block.

My MT6601 is a 1999 with CMH027
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#8]
my MT6601 was made in April 2000 with serial no CMH035xxx
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top