Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2011 6:37:14 AM EDT
I am contemplating trying to sell the upper mentioned above at a gun show coming up in a few weeks.  It has the 1/12 twist pencil barrel.  Delta had guard etc.  Also has a Colt BCG and bolt.  The firing pin is TiN coated.  What would be a fair price to ask for it.  I have checked EE and haven't seen any recent prices.  I am selling off a bit of the collection as I near retirement.  It does fit on later lowers.  Right now it is on a pre ban Sendra lower.  

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Appraisal thread here
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't know any SP1 had a forward assist.

Got pics?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I didn't know any SP1 had a forward assist.

Got pics?

I think he means SP2.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, no way to post pics at this time.  It does have a teardrop forward assist but no shell deflector.  It also has the original delta hand guards.   After looking further on the internet it looks more like an M16A1.  Sorry about that.  I am a lefty, and without the shell deflector I am getting tired of hot casings down my back.  Really tests my muzzle control discipline at times if I forget to bring my shell deflector to the range.

Thanks for the heads up on the sticky above.  One would think that after all these years as a member I would look there first.  DOH!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Put the shell deflector in your range bag.   What are the markings on the barrel?  Look between the legs on the FSB.  What are the markings on the upper receiver?  Look in front of ejection port cover.  Is the front lug rebated or smooth? Does it have forge code?  Look on right side in carry handle under sight wheel.  This will have a lot to do with pricing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Barrel markings:  C MP CHROME BORE
Handle markings: L M
Bolt carrier: C
Bolt: MP C

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top