Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 11:30:05 PM EST
Hello, i know somebody that has access to m16. Actually, 2 of them. They are suppose to be in good shape, and from the Nam era. Now, are these full auto? Or burst? Or semi? Legality of them? At the time, the rifles are located in California out of all places.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:56:39 PM EST
Is that even a little legit?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:51:26 AM EST
um....

uh....

huh?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:07:30 AM EST
Well I can tell you that their prolly auto and prolly illeagal.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:55:17 AM EST
Vietnam era means full-auto, unless the parts were swapped out for burst ones.

They are only legal if they have paperwork with them. They will be papered on a Form 4 from the BATF. If they were legal Vietnam "bring-backs", they will have some kind of amnesty paperwork as well.

If there are no papers, stay very far away from them. As for value of LEGAL M16 rifles, they are currently selling for well over $10K.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:11:13 AM EST
"Value" and "price" are two different things. To me the "value" of an M-16 isn't any more then for an AR-15 because I really have no need for full auto. To someone that wants full auto the "value" would be quite a bit. I suggest that first you find out if they're legal guns that can be transfered to you. Then do a google search and check out prices that they're selling for on the open market. If the price being ask is equal to or less then the fair market value and you have done the proper paperwork and paid the tax and have the money for them then by all means, get them. The price for damn sure won't be going down in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:19:34 AM EST
DUDE!! You know jonesy? That dude and his M16's are the coolest. When he gets back from Iraq we're all gonna have M16's!!!!

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:26:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4Madness:
Vietnam era means full-auto, unless the parts were swapped out for burst ones.

They are only legal if they have paperwork with them. They will be papered on a Form 4 from the BATF. If they were legal Vietnam "bring-backs", they will have some kind of amnesty paperwork as well.

If there are no papers, stay very far away from them. As for value of LEGAL M16 rifles, they are currently selling for well over $10K.

That's the thing. I dont know a lot of details about the rifles. I dont know if it has paper works or not.

I will try to find out about it later. All I know is, i was told, this person brought it back with him, when he got back from Nam.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:46:15 AM EST
You (individual) can't own an M16 in WA. It used to be there was an exception if you were active military, but check this VERY carefully! That was a big part of why I moved to the free state of AZ.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:19:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 2:20:02 PM EST by Troy]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:22:21 PM EST
it might be legit, CA does have some Transferable Machine Guns Available, I know someone who got a UZI from Cali
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:24:16 PM EST
+1 for probably bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:33:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:
+1 for probably bullshit.

+2.

I'm guessing someone is dropping the "M16" buzzword assuming that whoever they are talking to would be able to picture what they are talking about better.

Some people, more of the traditional "I like huntin' rifles with shiny wood" folks, really don't know what an AR is.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:08:32 PM EST
You are a
Top Top