Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 4:44:24 AM EST
I am thinking of vaccum sealing boxes of ammo & loaded magazines to keep with my "bug-out-bag" I want to be able to keep a reserve of ammo clean & dry even if everything else I have is not! This was a topic several months ago but I do not recall the conventional wisdom on the subject. Some posts argued that the partial vaccum inside the bag could (over-time) change the physical properties of the powder or cause the bullet or primer to become unseated from the case. Others argued that the vaccum created by most home systems (Seal-a-meal, Deni, etc.) was not enough to do any damage. I know lots of people have stored ammo this way is there any long term data on the affect to down-range performance?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:53:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By Makarov: I am thinking of vaccum sealing boxes of ammo & loaded magazines to keep with my "bug-out-bag" I want to be able to keep a reserve of ammo clean & dry even if everything else I have is not! This was a topic several months ago but I do not recall the conventional wisdom on the subject. Some posts argued that the partial vaccum inside the bag could (over-time) change the physical properties of the powder or cause the bullet or primer to become unseated from the case. Others argued that the vaccum created by most home systems (Seal-a-meal, Deni, etc.) was not enough to do any damage. I know lots of people have stored ammo this way is there any long term data on the affect to down-range performance?
View Quote
See the Ammo FAQ. Specifically: [url=http://www.ammo-oracle.com/#vacuum]Q. My wife just got one of those uber-cool vacuum food packers. I was thinking of sneaking into the kitchen and vacuum sealing all my ammo when she goes to watch the kids play soccer this weekend. What do you think?[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:18:49 AM EST
Thanks tatjana, somehow I thought you might have the answer. I haven't read the FAQ lately, lots of new/good info!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:01:26 AM EST
I mentioned this about 10 days ago...My wife doesn't mind my using her machine. I just have to buy the bags for her. Like I said before. It couldn't hurt
Top Top