Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 8:27:06 PM EDT
Does anyone know anything about this company? I just heard of it and want to know if I should avoid it or study it more. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the new name for Hesse.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's the new name for Hesse.
View Quote

And Hesse is another name for sheisse.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Don't do it. They have a track record of quality control issues.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!  Do a thread search on Hesse and you will see why.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
A while back someone posted a picture of a Hesse Arms AR15 cast receiver that had the entire back portion broken off - apparently the buffer malfunctioned and the bolt carrier impact caused the part of the receiver the buffer tube screws into to complete facture off - it was ugly.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I would spend the extra money and get something that doesn't involve a gamble where quality is concerned.  If you buy a Vulcan/Hesse, it is more than likely that you will have zero problems.  However, why take that chance.  There have been enough issues with their service and quality control that should make one think of going with a different company.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]
The only Hesse that I've ever seen looked like a poor attempt at building a slop parts gun. I mean every part on that thing (exterior anyway) looked less than impressive. The upper was finished in light gray while the lower was flat black. I thought it was a bit funny when the guy behind the counter kind of hesitated when I asked what make it was when he was grabbing it from the shelf. Uhhh...it's a [cough]Hesse[/Hesse].  
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:34:45 AM EDT
[#8]
As the others say, don't do it.

Case in point. I purchsed one before I found this website. Excellent price. Fired 34 rounds through it and the bolt broke. Sent it back to FAC and they sent me another one. When I got it I noticed that the gas tube was not straight where it comes through the handguard and then into the upper. Obviously crooked as hell. Never fired it. I sent it back to FAC and asked for my money back. After several weeks, I received my check and went and bought a Bushmaster. Here is the run down, you figure it out.

$635 Hesse AR-15
$22 Shipping to send the first one back.
$80 in gas going back and forth to SC where my brother in-law is a dealer.
$25 Non-refundable shipping from the original shipping cost that was deducted from my refund check...and 6 months, yes, 6 months without a gun and having $635 tied up with no gun.

Sub Total:$762 in costs.
Total: No gun for 6 months

Grand Total= $762 and no gun

While this was going on, I thought I was going to have to deal with Hesse. They would not answer the phone and when the answering machine would come on, I left messages. No one would call me back. They also changed their name from HESSE ARMS to VULCAN ARMS. Save yourself, time, money, aggrivation and stress and don't do it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:58:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm no big Hesse fan either, but using a cast receiver either from Hesse or Olympic is taking a big risk. If the receiver was meant to be cast then Eugene Stoner would have designed it that way IMO. Hesse quality control on the other hand is extremely lacking and with the money you already spent, you could have had a nice Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Just me, but I have two Olympics, one DPMS and a Bushy, all forged, never had any kind of problems with any of them, and they are not safe-queens. I would not buy a cast receiver.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#11]
[puke] Hesse
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top