Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2007 2:40:43 PM EDT
Has anyone used the VLTOR CASV handguards? Give me your opinions please.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
+1

Im pretty interested in these too.

Link Posted: 11/20/2007 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
i have casv el on my rifle and love it. being able to mount rails where you need them is extremely handy, i personally love having the ability to mount my flashlight at 45 degrees.
my only bitch is that there isnt a built in QD mount for a sling, other than that i think it is perfect.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and really like it, but it you want to use an eotech and cowitness, forget about it.

its strong with the overlapping top rail and looks pretty mean IMO.

I have my flashlight at 45 degrees also.

the only thing i would maybe replace it with is a daniel defense omega rail.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#4]
i have the CASV and it is pretty solid..Most complaints is that if you have an EOtech it will not allow you to co-wit..which I don't see it being a big problem. However you can mount an aimpoint with I believe a larue 152 mount and it will co-wit...I will try it out with a AP clone I have lying around to see it will make a big difference...other than that the CASV is Solid...
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone ever try to put the BUIS on the top rail of the CASV to co witness an Eo-tech..I Saw that larue has a mount for an EO tech with a rasied mount for BUIS?????

Link Posted: 11/28/2007 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#6]
The LT-110 eotech riser have the railed "hump"to mount a PVS-14 with an LT-133 I think. not to mount a BUIS.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My only bitch is that there isnt a built in QD mount for a sling.

I think the newer ones have QD sling mounts.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyone ever try to put the BUIS on the top rail of the CASV to co witness an Eo-tech..I Saw that larue has a mount for an EO tech with a rasied mount for BUIS?????

well unless you put both sights on the rail (front and rear) with the EO, there won't be any co-witnessing
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one on my Bushmaster and love it. I'm waiting for the mid length to be released for another build.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#10]
So far, so good with mine.  It was easy to install, seems solid, and I like only having rails where I need them, rather than a lot of exposed cheese-grater surface that needs rail covers.  I have an Aimpoint in the shorter Larue mount, so I have none of the cowitnessing woes people get with EOTechs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top