Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 7:08:43 AM EST
I just picked up a bunch of stripper clips at the funshow this weekend but have never used them. I understand the principle - but wondered if there were any tips or tricks out there so as not to F*ck up my mags. Any issues with using strippers with Pmags. And no, I'm not talking about the "other" strippers we have here in Vegas
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:11:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 7:13:59 AM EST by ahelplessnun]
No issues with Pmags. I live by the stripper. And I doubt 100 reloads via stripper would cause any damage.

ETA: No real tips per se, just make sure it's seated as far as the loading spoon will go on the mag, then strip, strip, strip.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:18:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 7:19:36 AM EST by USMC-Helo]
You know you need the little adapter to clip on the back of the mag?

It can scratch the mag a bit at the spot it clips on, not a big deal, you notice a little mark on the mag. It takes a couple of stripper clips to get the hang of it, but once you do, its easy. Hold the mag straight and firm, press straight down with your thumb at the rear of the top round, some use their palm, keep it moving in a smooth even motion as it loads.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:30:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By USMC-Helo:
You know you need the little adapter to clip on the back of the mag?
http://ukkitmonster.com/images/Vietnam%20Speedloader%20in%20action.jpg
It can scratch the mag a bit at the spot it clips on, not a big deal, you notice a little mark on the mag. It takes a couple of stripper clips to get the hang of it, but once you do, its easy. Hold the mag straight and firm, press straight down with your thumb at the rear of the top round, some use their palm, keep it moving in a smooth even motion as it loads.

Yep, I have the spoon too. I'll try it out on some mags here in a bit for fun. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:59:25 AM EST
I've used "chargers" as I've heard them called on most of my military guns.

These are dead simple to use compaired to others I've fooled with:push spoon straight down on back of mag,it'll slide right down and stop when it's seated right,insert charger/stripper clip with right hand and hold mag with left,with your right thumb push straight down-repeat three times and you have a loaded mag!

Now if someone could tell me how to use the damn Enfield chargers
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:04:27 AM EST

StripLula FTW. I love mine. It also makes loading loose rounds a breeze.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:29:21 AM EST
I prefer the Promag to the Lula. Only 5 rounds at a time, but I can a 30-rounder faster than with a Lula.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:33:26 PM EST
When using GI stripper clips and spoons, just put the whole shebang together, set the top round against the shooting bench or other stationary object and push the magazine to it - zzzip - no muss, no fuss.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:03:03 PM EST
I still think THERMOLD STRIPPERS & LOADERS are way ahead of USGI spoon/Metal strippers

Yes I do use strippers at the range unless Im shooting a box of BH Blue 77/75
Top Top