Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2006 1:50:38 PM EDT
So, I'm sitting in my bedroom after just discovering this wonderful website when my wife comes in and tells me we have guests. Her freaking parents!! I was just getting ready to wipe down my rifle, so I walked into the living room with it. After about 5 minutes, the left leaning liberal in-laws asked why I needed such a gun. I said because I want it. After 10 minutes they were uncomfortable enough to leave. Why didn't I think of this 8 years ago? I love my EBR
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Today's liberals wish to disarm us so they can run their evil and oppressive agenda on us. The fight against crime is just a convenient excuse to further their agenda. I don't know about you, but if you hear that Williams' guns have been taken, you'll know Williams is dead. -- Walter Williams, Professor of Economics, George Mason University.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Good job
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#4]

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So, I'm sitting in my bedroom after just discovering this wonderful website when my wife comes in and tells me we have guests. Her freaking parents!! I was just getting ready to wipe down my rifle, so I walked into the living room with it. After about 5 minutes, the left leaning liberal in-laws asked why I needed such a gun. I said because I want it. After 10 minutes they were uncomfortable enough to leave. Why didn't I think of this 8 years ago? I love my EBR

You need a rifle rack in the living room. It will keep all kind of pests out after one visit. Works for me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I told my boss this why do U need a car that goes 150 mph when the speed limit is 75. That is what I told him when he asked why do U need so many gun and those kind. LOL
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I told my boss this why do U need a car that goes 150 mph when the speed limit is 75. That is what I told him when he asked why do U need so many gun and those kind. LOL

It's a good analogy. The AR is the Corvette of the gun world. Actually, there is more justification for owning an AR than there is for owning a Corvette but people seem to understand the comparison.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#8]
an ar is more of a SUV than a sports car.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Then the 1919A4/A6 must be the "BIG-RIG" of the gun world, huh?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So How comfy is the couch?
and does the dog snuggle with ya now?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#11]
no the MA Deuce .50 cal is the big rig
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought this was going to be another one of those useless "draw down" stories. Thanks for a refreshing discussion. I'm going to have to remember this next time I have some uninvited guests.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So How comfy is the couch doghouse?
and does the dog snuggle with ya let you in now?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I just love a happy ending.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#15]
When my OLDER famly members visit they can't wait to see what new projects I have built....

Must be lucky in some sort of way

can't stand the INLAWS though..
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's a good analogy. The AR is the Corvette of the gun world. Actually, there is more justification for owning an AR than there is for owning a Corvette but people seem to understand the comparison. [/quote

No, there's more justification for owning a Corvette than an AR.  You can brandish a Corvette.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You need a rifle rack in the living room. It will keep all kind of pests out after one visit. Works for me.

Gun Rack and a mounted Deer Head does wonders
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey the couch ain't bad- it's like going camping!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:17:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:45:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:15:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Gun cleaning works on in-laws, and it also keeps your daughter's new boyfriend on his best behavior.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:23:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Gun cleaning works on in-laws, and it also keeps your daughter's new boyfriend on his best behavior.

I dated a girl who's dad thought that way.  I picked her up one night and she said come in and meet the folks, just beware of her dad as he's "a little odd".  I go in the living room and he's there cleaning his G17.  I thought that was kinda funny.  I told him I prefer firearms chambered in .45ACP.  He was a great guy, too bad his daughter was .  MJD
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#23]
EXCELLENT MOVE!! Your wife should reward you with at least 2 more AR's! The family that buys guns together, stays together!! Bill T.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#24]
A few years back, I spent the day instructing gas delivery with the local SRU guys, their honcho is an old friend... anyway, after the class we had an open range and great time, then went to his house to BS and maybe get a pizza...

There are probably 5 or 6 of us in the garage, most in some sort of relaxed tac uniform, various weapons of all sorts hanging and laying about and one guy is going over some new ground fighting techniques -- we had the garage door closed most of the way, but left a foot or two open at the bottom, when we hear this sheepish little "excuse me..."

Opening the door reveiled a rather shocked young man of about 17 or 18... there to pick up my buddies daughter for a date, the first date! Now natuarally my buddy took full advantage of the situation and gave the *your going to treat my daughter right* overbearing father part a whole new meaning.

I tell you, that young man was the nicest guy...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Today's liberals wish to disarm us so they can run their evil and oppressive agenda on us. The fight against crime is just a convenient excuse to further their agenda. I don't know about you, but if you hear that Williams' guns have been taken, you'll know Williams is dead. -- Walter Williams, Professor of Economics, George Mason University.

If this is the "real" Dr. Walter E. Williams, all I can say is I am astounded to find you on this board.
I love listening to you on Rush Limbaugh when you fill in.
If the rest of you don't know who he is, check him out.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I think he just used one of Walter Williams quotes.

Ron
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I was just quoting Mr Williams - I'm a big fan also
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]
DARNjust think how great it would be to have Dr. Williams as a member here!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Reminds me of Michael Keaton in the movie "Mr. Mom".
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Never saw the movie - whats the reference?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#31]
congratz, and you didnt have to fire a shot
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#32]
That's awsome, i wonder if that would work for me  with the terrorist that live across the way? im surrounded by them at my apartment complex.  Help
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So, I'm sitting in my bedroom after just discovering this wonderful website when my wife comes in and tells me we have guests. Her freaking parents!! I was just getting ready to wipe down my rifle, so I walked into the living room with it. After about 5 minutes, the left leaning liberal in-laws asked why I needed such a gun. I said because I want it. After 10 minutes they were uncomfortable enough to leave. Why didn't I think of this 8 years ago? I love my EBR[/quote

Congrats, my friend. Regrettably, my wife's crowd chose to shit their pants in a similar circumstance  yet stay to drink my liquor and eat my food. Typical libtards. Fortunately, my wife does not share their hallucinations and and has a  Smith 649 of her own.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Now why didn't I think of that?  My in-laws are not exactly flaming liberals, but being from a large metropolitan area, they tend to form opinions based on what the left leaning media feeds them.

My surplus M16 armory rack is sitting in a friends garage.  Time to retrieve it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Good job

+1
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So, I'm sitting in my bedroom after just discovering this wonderful website when my wife comes in and tells me we have guests. Her freaking parents!! I was just getting ready to wipe down my rifle, so I walked into the living room with it. After about 5 minutes, the left leaning liberal in-laws asked why I needed such a gun. I said because I want it. After 10 minutes they were uncomfortable enough to leave. Why didn't I think of this 8 years ago? I love my EBRhr

hday.gif Yeah! That's one way of doing it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

lol i hope you racked the charging handle a few times.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Invite your ARFCOM buddies over and march thru the living room like this
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol i hope you racked the charging handle a few times.

LOL... thats what I was going to say.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
www.cartoonland.de/bilder/fullmetaljacket-bund_big.jpg

Hell Yeah!!!  Heavy metal and self satisfaction!!!!  Watch all the libtards run and hide while you march with your friends, exhibit you favorite firearm, and play with yourself all at the same time!!!

Only thing better than that would be buy one get one free at the local whorehouse
Not really, I'd rather march around with my gun and hold my ammo sack

LOL

Wes
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if you light a fire in the fireplace and move the beer from the fridge to a cooler.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Hmmm... every time the in-laws come over they ignore the Mrs and want to go play in the shop with my new stuff ...

Then again, Pa-in-Law is 101AB/Rgr/MAC-V Lt Col (ret) and eldest bro-in-law is 1LT AH-64 driver going OIF in few weeks.  Hooking him up with spare stuff from the shop.  Mrs prefers the Ruger Security Six .357 snub nose over the PPK ....

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
http://www.cartoonland.de/bilder/fullmetaljacket-bund_big.jpg

Count me in, bro. hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey the couch ain't bad- it's like going camping!hr

hr

Only if you light a fire in the fireplace and move the beer from the fridge to a cooler.hr

I'll bring a case of Coronas to the party.

WOO-HOO! PARTY!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Count me in, bro.

Me too, I'll provide the bibles if someone brings the bullets and beers
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#46]
In nature there is opposition in all things. That's what balances the universe. When you are talking liberals the thumb that puts the scales of justice in balance is also the thumb that moves the fire control selector from "safe" to "fire". We, you and I, AR-15.comers, are the opposition. The liberals, don't know, or won't admit it, but they need us to keep the world from spinning out of control. Kinda makes you feel important dosen't it. Know what the liberals dislike most about us? They can't talk us to death, or reason us to death, or disarm us, or force us to be like them. We won't let them. They have to, at a minimum, tolerate us, and that just P.O.s them no end.  I love that.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Count me in, bro.

For some reason people weren't as "shocked" by my stock M1A when I showed it to them. That's why I had to paint the stock camo, add a cheekrest and aimpoint. Now when they see it they say "oh sh*t."
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I've had the "why do you need it" question before --- I always go with:  

I need it because the second amendment ain't about dick hunting"..........
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top