Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:22:05 PM EDT
Should I use the same-plane version, or just the regular #40L?  The idea behind the SP sight seems good, but if it is used for CQB, how much zero-shift could you possibly have that would affect hitting the target?  CQB is pretty damn close, so it seems to me that the #40L would be the best idea.  Both seem just as strong as the other.  Suggestions?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if you know it and I didn't until I bought one but on the 40L the default apature is the small hole which is backwards of all the other BUISs I have. Not a big deal and some people don't mind it but not great for fast and close up stuff for me.
To access the large apature you will have to flip the small one down out of the way. Of course a few minutes with a drill could give you 2 large apatures.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
 Just remove the small aperature and the #40L defaults to the large hole. Just a thought .
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 Just remove the small aperature and the #40L defaults to the large hole. Just a thought .

And miss the chance to use power tools and the potential for personal injury? No way!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]
so does it really matter which one I get, or is it a choice of money?  Does the SP sight offer any benefits that the regular #40L does not have other than the same plane?  Is that SP really necessary?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The 40L is set up like the standard A2 sight in that the larger apature is for 0-200 and the small is for 200+ which is why the height changes from one to the other. Some people don't want or like that change. So the issue comes down to what you think you will like. I wanted to get the 40SP but at the time everyone I checked with was out so I ended up with the regular 40L. I rarely use it since I have a scope on it so it doesn't bother me any.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+ 1
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top