Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 5:41:42 PM EDT
Question 1, can you use the YHM FF wrench for removing regular barrels.

Question 2, can you use the govt. issue wrench Found Here for ust with YHM FF barel nuts.

Question 3, Has anyone modified a YHM midlength lightweight forearm to be used with a regular carbine FSB?   Can it be done?

Tex78

NEW QUESTION: where to get the best action block.  I think I want one like Bushmaster sells Here but is there anywhere else to get it?  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#2]
1: Yes
2: Yes, if it hasn't been bent out of tolerance.
3: Not that I know of. You would need someone with a machine to remove the barrel, and then the tube would have to be timed each time you installed it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The YHM wrench is easier to use on regular delta ring assemblies than the DPMS wrench that I have...you don't have to put very much pressure on it to get it to slide into the teeth on the barrel nut.

I recommend the while Delrin DPMS style of action block, personally.  I had the clamshell, but ditched it after I got the DPMS.

If you plan on using anything other than an A2 or flat top upper (like an RRA EOP upper, or a DPMS Lo Pro), the clamshell won't work.  

I'm not sure about question 3...what are you trying to do?  

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Where to get a YHM barrel wrench for reg. FF// DD, LaRue?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where to get a YHM barrel wrench for reg. FF// DD, LaRue?

As far as I know, the only place to get the YHM wrench is direct from them.  If the DD and LaRue tubes use a standard 3 piece unit...tube, barrel nut, and jam nut, then the YHM will work.  I haven't used the DD or LaRue tubes, so I don't know how they work.  

The YHM wrench works great on YHM tubes
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top