Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/15/2003 3:45:27 PM EST

Ok I'm a newbi. I sold my only other AR (Colt SP1) about 15 years ago. I have now returned to the fold with a Oly lower Bushy upper M4 (14.5 inch heavy). My question, is there an adaptor or some other way to use a full lenght A2 Butt stock with my Carbine buffer tube and assembly? I ask because I'm building a A2 20" upper that I would like to shoot with the full stock but still use the same lower with my tele stock and M4 upper. A quick change between the two butts would be nice. Am I barking up an empty tree? Should I just put a full A2 butt with buffer on and drop the tele butt? Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:09:32 PM EST
First off, welcome to the gang. [beer] About your question, I don't believe that is possible because the A2 buffer tube is round while the carbine or collapsible tube is round and has the square end along the bottom. Also, the A2 buffer tube has a threaded hole in the rear to screw the top screw of the buttplate of the A2 stock while the carbine stock is flat in the rear. Hopefully this will help.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:12:07 PM EST
ditto what MarineNP said The A2 stock is more comfortable anyways. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:16:03 PM EST
I guess you'll just have to buy another lower! [:D][}:D] And so it begins...
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:17:20 PM EST
Dam! I knew that I couldn't just buy one :)
Top Top