Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 10:11:32 PM EST

I may have a problem on my hands here.

i am cleaning my RRA carbine right now, and i have it all stripped down.

i have the stripped upper in my hands and i am holding it in my hands.

i notice that when i hold the barrel and the upper reciever, i can rotate the barrel back and forth ever so slightly making a slight "clink" noise.

it only rotates a few thousandths of an inch but it definitely rotates.

i am holding only the barrel and only the reciever, nothing else. not the sight tower or hanguards or anything. the handguards are removed actually.

do i have a loose barrel or something?

shouldnt these two parts not budge at all?!

please help as i am afraid to fire my rifle like this.

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:18:59 PM EST
These parts should not budge. I would get it checked out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:02:16 PM EST
I second the motion. Get it checked out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:33:03 PM EST
thats probably a good idea. by whom?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:38:12 PM EST
has anyone else noticed this? all you need to do to check is hold yor rifle by the barrel and try to twist the upper reciever back and forth a little bit. mine moves! yikes. -Spaceman
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:47:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/5/2003 11:47:49 PM EST by Dano523]
On the positive note, If the gas tube was not blocking the barrel nut, you would have a quick change barrel. Sounds like it's time to give RRA a call and have them re-set the barrel. [url]http://www.rockriverarms.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:38:17 AM EST
can i re-set the barrel myself? do i need an armorers wrench? this sucks. -Spaceman
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:18:09 PM EST
Yes you can, You'll need an armorers wrench, a 1/2" torque wrench, some moly-disulfide grease, a punch to drive out the gas tube pin, and a copy of the -23&P (Maintenance Manual). Its not too hard, just follow the directions in the manual (it even has pictures). You can get this manual in Adobe format for free from [url]http://www.mcdl.org/ManualDepot.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:57:29 AM EST
thanks guys. i love this place. -Spaceman
Top Top