Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 12:29:16 PM EDT
I have an AR-15 that I would like to get camoglaged in Urban Camo pattern.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I should have do this job?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
[url=lauerweaponry.com]Lauer Weaponry[/url]

[url=nouglyguns.com]No Ugly Guns[/url]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p02fd8d3bb1c40d2b73774fde06f97736/fc479156.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p6b36b80306374167922aa84d9cd3f668/fc4790e3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pd3ef1ce34e92becd686fc71d969ff0e1/fc479066.jpg[/img]
steve at [url]http://www.sasarmory.com/sasincfirearms/sasincfirearms.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!  I've contacted each of these places for pictures/quotes.

Any other recommendations out there?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
honestly check a couple pages back on here, and we jus had a couple discussions on Refinishing and camo paint jobs..if ya on a budget or like versitilty sum guys are doin them, themselves with Krylon spray paint, and sum are using sumthing called BOWFLAGE (i dunno a thing bout this one)..the job i had done comes with lifetime warranty and it seems to be holding up pretty well..on the site i gave ya, it list pricing and stuff, also his turnaround time is 7-10 days, and ya dont have to strip your rifle down to spare parts like sum of the other companies i had called first, b4 goin to SAS armory..there are tons of choices out there. jus gotta sniff em out..
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
i like Lauer's stuff.  i had them do a 700Police stock in woodland for me.  lifetime warrantly and quick turnaround.  just brought a lower down to them (to be refinished)a month ago and had it back at the end of the week.  they also sell kits if you're the DIY type.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I did get a set of "stock covers" in urban camo (grey is my favorite color) from [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=156514]RVulcan500[/url] on the EE. They're pretty cool, tight fitting and don't move much. They're also a great deal, and they're temporary/removable/washable.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Will you actually be using this AR in an urban setting? Or you want the colors b/c they look cool?

Black or a dark grey are great urban colors. If you get something like you see in the pic, that thing will stand out more that a black or grey AR.

Just my take on it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#8]
lol..yeah it DOES stand out..but ill tell ya , when i goto the range , yeah they know its a "rifle" but most wont disguinish that its an AR15/m16..lol..more to camo than jus being able NOT to see the firearm..it breaks up its pattern..lemme put it this way..if you see an assailant 50yards away..and you know he has a sawd off shotgun..ya probably wont worry bout em hittin you. but if ya saw the same person with either AK or AR or Hi-Power rifle, ya may have sum concern..well if the same person has a rifle but ya dont know what it is..i would run like hell..lol.this is jus my take on it..mainly cause it looks cool..IMO a solid black rifle gets more attention..mine sorta gets lost in backgrounds and what not.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lol..yeah it DOES stand out..but ill tell ya , when i goto the range , yeah they know its a "rifle" but most wont disguinish that its an AR15/m16..lol..more to camo than jus being able NOT to see the firearm..it breaks up its pattern..lemme put it this way..if you see an assailant 50yards away..and you know he has a sawd off shotgun..ya probably wont worry bout em hittin you. but if ya saw the same person with either AK or AR or Hi-Power rifle, ya may have sum concern..well if the same person has a rifle but ya dont know what it is..i would run like hell..lol.this is jus my take on it..mainly cause it looks cool..IMO a solid black rifle gets more attention..mine sorta gets lost in backgrounds and what not.
View Quote

Yeah, I guess.

But if a person is coming at me in a harmful manner and has a gun in his hand, he;s going down. Regadless if its an AK or an airsoft.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#10]
lol......well remind me never to have my kids play in your neighborhood..would hate to have em shot for playin cowboys and idians with trigger happy neighbors..lol..this is why police, swat, etc..practice target aquisition and identifing the threat and then the proper tactic to disarm..
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
lol......well remind me never to have my kids play in your neighborhood..would hate to have em shot for playin cowboys and idians with trigger happy neighbors..lol..this is why police, swat, etc..practice target aquisition and identifing the threat and then the proper tactic to disarm..
View Quote

I was speaking as if it was a SHTF event taking place.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#12]
lol...i know..im jus playin..the whole point to my camo analigy was that camo doesnt necessarily mean to hide stuff, although that helps too, it is mainly to break up the pattern of a solid color..and in my particular case..it almost makes the guy unidentifiable to general public..
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Will you actually be using this AR in an urban setting? Or you want the colors b/c they look cool?
View Quote

Both.  I live near downtown Pittsburgh, so I'm definitely in an urgan environment.  Also, this is not my only AR--I have three others.  I have an M9 bayonet finished in urgan camo, and that got me thinking it would look cool on a preban done in the same pattern.  I suppose if the SHTF I might need to use it in an urban setting, but I guess right now I'm thinking of getting the camo job done for the cool/something different factor.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top