Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2005 10:16:20 AM EDT
Given the choice, do you prefer to purchase complete uppers for new builds or rather the individual barrel, barrel components, upper receiver, and bolt carrier group, and assemble everything yourself?

For my first build, I wanted to get all the seperate parts and put everything together, but I wound up with a complete upper anyway. Then I thought that, aside from making my first build a bit easier (not that putting the lower together requires anything more than half a functioning brain cell), I wouldn't have to worry about headspacing and whether the upper would end up working (since thing has been factory-tested already).
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
For a first build, I'd recommend a complete upper.

As far as what I'm buying now, I don't think I can bring myself to buy another complete upper.

It's too easy to build and it's more fun that way.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends. I only build my own uppers if it's a configuration that isn't available from the factory. For a readily-available, standard production upper assembly, I'd just buy the complete upper and be done with it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top