Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/22/2005 10:22:44 AM EDT
Hey guys,
I have a few questions about uppers and hopefully you guys can offer some insight. In terms of preference, do you guys perfer a2 uppers or flat top uppers? also what brands of uppers do you guys like or feel is a good buy. I am going to buy one soon and it will be great if I new a little more before buying
thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:33:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 10:37:46 AM EDT by CJan_NH]
Opinions vary of course, but a flattop will offer more versatility than an A2. There is nothing that an A2 can do that a flattop cannot.

If you ever intend to mount an optic the flattop will save you some headaches. As far as brands go, when I don't want to spring for a Colt I tend to buy LMT, Rock River Arms, and Bushmaster. Supposedly CMT uppers are a great value as well, but since I don't own one I can't comment. Board sponsor CMMG has an excellent reputation here and offers top quality uppers as well.

I buy my LMT uppers from Denny at Global Tactical, and ADCO has a section on their site where you can build custom configured Rock River uppers. Adco's build your own link is HERE
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:45:39 AM EDT
I use A1 or A3 (flattop), I don't even consider the A2 as an option.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:45:46 AM EDT
thanks for the input,

ive been looking at RRA's and armalites as well as a few bushmasters. I am not sure If I want the a2 right now or the flat top, but like you said, the flat top seems more versatile.

ill check out the links and see what some of these companies have,

thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:40:34 PM EDT
Plus 1 for RRA uppers. I have several and am very happy with them all. The A3 uppers are more versatile and you can always go with a A2 carry handle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:06:46 PM EDT
My vote goes for a LMT flattop from Dennys Guns. He has a few on the exchange board at a really good price, but you will need to call to confirm it. I got one last week, and it is just sick, in a good way.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:27:45 PM EDT
CMT and LMT and CMMG make some good stuff

i like the flatops--more versitile
Top Top