Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 5:09:16 AM EST
I see the instructions on how to swap barrels. I see the Diagram of the upper receiver but I cant find the detailed instructions on how to do it. Can someone help me I'm attempting to build my first A-2 upper receiver!! Next week I'll tackle the barrell install
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:28:41 AM EST
Do you mean how to install the forward assist and the ejection port cover?

If so, the only thing I have been able to find is the army/airforce manual (pdf). I haven't seen any online tutorials for those.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:31:37 AM EST
Get the Bushmaster video.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:41:29 AM EST
The only thing to install in the upper receiver is the forward assist, as Vector_Joe stated. It is a relatively simple procedure and should not require the purchase of a video. IIRC, you put the assist into place and drive in the roll pin.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:24:02 AM EST
The military manuals will cover this. The FA is simply putting the spring on the end, and puttin it inside the groove. Press in 3/8th of an inch or so, and tap in your pin. The ejection port cover is simple, but may take a few minutes of figuring which way the spring goes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:07:10 AM EST
Its an A2 receiver so I also have to install the rear sight
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:57:23 AM EST
As I said before-----get the video-----it covers all this and makes assembling the A2(or any other) upper receiver a no-brainer-------money well spent----my only regret is that I got the tape instead of the DVD.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:21:07 AM EST
Gonna order it right now
Top Top