Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2005 6:06:21 PM EDT
I'd like to build the upper for my project m4gery from a stripped upper.  Is there a list of parts i need to complete this.   Also what tools will be required for installing the parts.  I know its easier to buy a completed upper, but i'd like to be able to say i did it all.  Thanks Dave
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
go to model1sales.com they have all the parts you need to buy in 1 section. You don't need to buy from them.

You will not need the rear site if it is a A3 uper.
ejection port pins and stuff of that nature and foward assist.
depending on what barrel you put on it if it is gonna be a normal delta ring snap rings stuff like that (thats not all the parts)

If you are gonna put a normal hand guard on these are the tools you will need.
Snap ring plyers and roll pin punchs.
The other hand guards free floats stuff that will have a barrel nut instead of a delta ring will take.
Torque wrench and a barrel wrench.

I would have to say buying a kit as your first one will have been a better idea since you will learn alot by just looking at it and holding it in your hands and all you need with a kit is a set of punchs vise grips eletric tape so you dont scratch the reciver and a flat head screw driver.

Good luck you may need more tools but since im half awake i dont feel like thinking as much as i should.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I didn't know if there was one on here or not.  I carried a m16 and then a m4 while i was in the army, and know the field stripping, but never got anywhere near armourers level.  Was pretty good fixin m60's though.  Thanks for the help, if anyone has more to offer i'm all ears lookin to learn...Dave
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the welcome.  Just so every one knows I'm lookin to do a pretty vanilla m4 w/ od furniture, and a heavy barrel.  Also is there a list of suppliers on here.  i see abreviations, and have no idea who the are.  Thanks for the help...dave
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the welcome.  Just so every one knows I'm lookin to do a pretty vanilla m4 w/ od furniture, and a heavy barrel.  Also is there a list of suppliers on here.  i see abreviations, and have no idea who the are.  Thanks for the help...dave

Hi,

Just click on the Equipment Exchange (EE) tab on the top right side of this webpage to see the suppliers and members ads.

You could also place a wanted to buy in it's own section if you don't see anything you want.

Also click on the Industry tab just below the EE tab and the suppliers there have their own forums.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top