Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 2:39:42 PM EDT
I am in the middle of my build and I am excited. I order a demo upper from BCM and it is on its way. After next week, I will order my barrel,BCG, sling, charging Handle, tools and Rear BUIS. Then I can bring it to the range and test run it. I just wanted to share the excitement, that is all.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:48:35 PM EDT
I am with you dude! 2 months into mine. I have my barrel and upper in the mail, everything else is layed out and ready!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:49:58 PM EDT
Are you in the market for AR specific tools? I have a few leads to save some cash if you are?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:10:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By groove508:
Are you in the market for AR specific tools? I have a few leads to save some cash if you are?

I'm listening. I need a barrel nut wrench,stock castle nut wrench, upper receiver vice block.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:22:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By midcap:

I'm listening. I need a barrel nut wrench,stock castle nut wrench, upper receiver vice block.

I need a vice bock too!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:27:10 PM EDT
I am about 2 months in, Friday I can go get my lower from my FFL, and begin assembly! The shitty thing is my lower was the first part I ordered, and its the only thing I am waiting on.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:52:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BTAzombieHunter:
Originally Posted By midcap:

I need a vice bock too!

Have you seen that barrel nut tool from brownells. It looks awesome for tightening the barrel nut. Bad thing it is the same price as a vise block.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:08:51 PM EDT
Dont bother with a lower block, a old mag or a piece of wood fashioned corectly will be perfect. As for the upper block, very important!! I dont think the clam shell type is neccesary with a new build. The DPMS claw type that pins into your upper is fine and works great! BUT they are pricey!! I found a so called used one on EBAY but it was in a wrapper for 30 bucks shipped!! A guy had a whole shed full of "old" ones he found? Mine was brand new! He might have some left, i just got mine last week. The touque you need on a barrel nut is very minimal and the nylon type block is fine and allows you to use it for other stuff! Any good armorers wrench will be good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:32:32 PM EDT
i found a upper vise block and a hd barrel tool both for 63.90 free ship
Top Top