Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:03:15 PM EST
I bought an A2 butt from a mil surplus bin at a gun show awhile back(looks like new along with an M16 and M16A1 butt for $9) and finally decided to install it yesterday only to find that the sling swivel screwed bottomed out about 1/4" away from the butt then finally noticed the sling swivel cut was about midway between the end of the butt and the correct position on 2 other A1 butts I have. So is there something special about this that would make me not want to modify it or is it just a factory defect? If I do recut it, does anyone have any idea what would make a good filler for the empty hole?

Thanks,
Jason
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:48:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By JasonB:
I bought an A2 butt from a mil surplus bin at a gun show awhile back(looks like new along with an M16 and M16A1 butt for $9) and finally decided to install it yesterday only to find that the sling swivel screwed bottomed out about 1/4" away from the butt then finally noticed the sling swivel cut was about midway between the end of the butt and the correct position on 2 other A1 butts I have. So is there something special about this that would make me not want to modify it or is it just a factory defect? If I do recut it, does anyone have any idea what would make a good filler for the empty hole?

Thanks,
Jason

Your A2 is perfectly normal. The A1 uses a longer rear sling swivel screw than the A2. All you need is the A2 (shorter) screw.
Top Top