Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 3:50:13 PM EDT
Is there a flash hider made for smooth barrels? My Bushy 20" has a 'step' where it is supposed to be threaded, but no threads.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
There are muzzle devices that are attached to the muzzle via set screws, it requires you to drill dimples for the set screws.  In my experience, these things usually get shot down range soon enough. Screwed on muzzle device = muzzle device down range and lost + money lost on device + barrel with dimples.  Either swap out the barrel, or send it to ADCO to have it threaded, it'll come back to ya in a week or so
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Why don't you take it to a gunsmith and have him threaded it and put the FS on for you?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for sending it to ADCO steve will thread the barrel and get it back fast. ADCO is great
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Get it threaded. A non threaded setup will not last unless welded.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll probly  send it out then...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top