Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 6:37:48 AM EDT
I just got an un-shrouded SP1 carrier.  The main question is:  I don't know if I have the correct firing pin installed.   It fires fine but if you cycle it by HAND it hangs up on the pin and then if you bump it it will close.  Like I said no problem when firing, and no bent retaining pins yet.   Is it supposed to do this?  Seems like it will cause more wear and stress on the pin and hammer.

By the way I searched for this here but did not find anything, either I am not doing it right or the search function doesn't work.  I hate to keep asking questions that are already answered but the search function has never worked for me here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Notched hammer?

Change it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 4:32:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what you are talking about, "notched hammer".   The hammer is from a new lower kit.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top