Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2005 7:43:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 8:18:58 AM EDT by deerelvr1975]
Hi everyone...I'm new to the site and building my first AR. I just picked up a complete upper assembly minus the b/c and c/h. The only problem is, I can't figure out who made the upper or the barrel. It has a 14" barrel with no markings (the seller said it was a 1/9 twist). I can find no markings anywhere. It has the fat grips, flash suppressor, bayo lug, sling swivel on the side (to fit the M203) and gas tube. The upper is a flattop with (again) no markings except for a small keyhole just above the forward assist behind the deflector. The Flattop has T2,T4,T6,T8,T10,T12 marked in white alonf the top. Does anybody have any clues as to what make these 2 items are? The seller was in Toronto Ontario Canada and thought that Wolverine Supplies had assembled the upper, but was unsure. Sorry to bug ya folks with a FNG question, but I just can't seem to figure this out.

*******Sorry, 14.5" barrel lengthh.gif*************FNG measuring error!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:59:45 AM EDT
post pics.

and are you sure its a 14" bbl.? maybe 14.5 perhaps
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:44:21 PM EDT
Are there any markings on top of the chamber, right under where the gas tube goes into the upper receiver?

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:19:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 6:48:38 PM EDT by theshootersden]
The key hole identifies it as being a 'cerro forge' casting forging, hard to tell who finished it... The barrel, without markings, well who knows, I consider them gun show barrels...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:33:15 PM EDT
Not a marking anywhere on the upper, even under the gas tube. When staring at the barrel from the receiver end, there is an L on the left side of the barrel lug(?). That is the only other marking on this upper.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:42:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By theshootersden:
The key hole identifies it as being a 'cerro forge' casting forging, hard to tell who finished it... The barrel, without markings, well who knows, I consider them gun show barrels...

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:22:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By scottryan:

Originally Posted By theshootersden:

Damn Scott, why did I do that Thanks for the correction
Top Top