Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2004 9:42:49 AM EDT
Don't go on Aim surplus' website and believe their shipping time on their Bushmaster rifles. They say to allow 2-3 weeks for delivery, but i called them after waiting over a month for mine and they said they have no idea when their rifles will be shipped. They said they don't even know how many will be shipped on their first shipment. To be fair though this is the M4-type 16" which is very popular, but if they have no idea when they expect shipment, they should not put 2-3 weeks on their websie. I believe this to be misleading and unfair.....Just my early afternoon rant, I need a nap now.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you canceling your order and taking your business elsewhere?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard more than once that Bushmaster is backlogged on rifle orders now... FWIW I ordered a 24" A2 pre-ban barrel assembly and it took 2 days to receive it. My advice is to call around and see who has quality uppers and just build it yourself if you absolutely need an AR15 in under 3-4 weeks.

RRA uppers are inexpensive and high quality and readily available.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
No I'm not cancelling my order. I've done business with them awhile now, just frustrated about the misleading advertising.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#4]
My dealer has mentioned more than once that BM is very backordered. I ordered a rifle (16" 'M4' w/ phantom or a2 hider) on the day the AWB sunset and didn't see anything until this w/e. Initially my dealer said to expect a weeks wait which eventually turned into 'I'm not sure when its coming in'. His info was only as good as what the distributor could tell him and Im sure the distributor was talking w/ BM to get a time line too. B/c of the backlog BM is sending out whatever it wants to make. I wound up w/ a 14.5 bbl w/ an Izzy FH. My dealer said I could wait for what I really wanted but that might be months. So, I just took it w/ plans to build another upper or 4.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Hawker, I understand your rant.  I placed my order back on 9/20.  Although the shipping estimate is wrong, the folks at AIM have been very cordial to deal with.  I have spoken to about 4 people there already and they were all very polite and offered reasonable explanations for the delay.  No one gave the hair-pulling line of "we don't know when" that some other dealers might give.

I am happy to wait at least 2 more weeks before making a decision.  I am sure they are not the only dealer on Bushmaster's backorder list.

Alan
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree AIM has always been nice to deal with for me as well. Like I said I have done alot of business with them in the past. I just don't want people to think they will get their rifle in 2-3 weeks like their website says...not even close probably. I WAS pulling my hair out when they DID say to me " we have no idea when they will come in". Good people to work with, they just need to be upfront on the website... Really not so much of a rant as it was just a frustrated complaint.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]
FWIW:

I ordered a new upper on 9-13, directly from Bushmaster who said they were backordered and it may be 6-8 weeks.

I got it in less than a week.

I imagine right now it is hard for BM to keep up with orders.  Especially with 2 presidential candidates who are anti gun and want to replace the recently sunset ban.

some of us know that another ban, or executive order is very likely, so we are buying left and right.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I spoke to AIM today, they said to expect a 5-6 week wait if I ordered today.  They said they have about 80 rifles on order from Bushy.
Their prices are fantastic. A local store here in Phx has what I want ( Bushy 14.5" M4) on the shelf right now, but it's over $100 more than what AIM is getting for theirs. Decisions, decisions!
Anyone know of any other dealers with prices comparable to AIM Surplus!?!?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I spoke to AIM today, they said to expect a 5-6 week wait if I ordered today.  They said they have about 80 rifles on order from Bushy.
Their prices are fantastic. A local store here in Phx has what I want ( Bushy 14.5" M4) on the shelf right now, but it's over $100 more than what AIM is getting for theirs. Decisions, decisions!
Anyone know of any other dealers with prices comparable to AIM Surplus!?!?

id pay the 100 extra NOW......
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I asked them via email about this very topic on October 4 and they said the  2-3 weeks was correct (for the 16" HBAR Carbine at least).  Of course, now that I have been visiting this site, I am leaning more twords the M4 for the lighter weight and better balence.  I realy need to decide one way or the other before another stupid ban gets passed.  

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 5:11 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Ship Date Question

I was looking to order a Bush-BCWA3F Bushmaster 16" A3 .223 Carbine (Ban-Free) which states "Please Allow 2-3 Weeks for Delivery."  My question is, is this a realistic estimate of delivery considering the supply Vs demand for Ban-Free rifles?  I ask because someone on www.AR15.com said that you guys had not yet received your first shipment of Ban-Free rifles from Bushmaster yet much less enough to fill current orders.  Thank you in advance for the information.

-----Responce-----

This is true. Like the web says, if you order now, it will be 2-3 weeks at the most before you receive your order.

Thank you,

Erik

AIM
PO Box 556
Springboro, OH 45066
888-748-5252
Fax:531-424-9970
www.aimsurplus.com
[email protected]

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered 2 M4 A3's from AIM on 9/15....still waiting, although I was told on Friday it would ship soon, I'm not so sure about that.  However, I've bought from aim several times in the past, rifles and ammo, never dissatisfied and never been gouged.  Even got a credit one time on a late order that was not their fault.  Yes, it kinda sucks that they say 2-3 weeks but that's what bushmaster says for complete rifles too, and I'll bet it's that for the standard models - the M4 A3's are in higher demand, more evil features I guess.

I'll keep my business with AIM and wait in line for my bushy.  I appreciate the fact that they respected us enough to offer normal prices in this environment, unlike local dealers that are making it sound like if I don't buy their overpriced junk I'll never get a chance to buy one ever again.  

It's tight everywhere in AR land...wait it out, you'll love your rifle that much more, and you'll know that you paid about $150 less than all the other guys at the range :)  For me anyway, waiting 3-4 extra weeks is worth saving a day's pay.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I feel your pain, lonewolf.com misleads on their advertising about hi-cap mags for the glock 22 also, saying 10-14 days, but more like over 1 month to infinity...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#13]
5 weeks and counting.......
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#14]
aim is supposively expecting them within the next couple days, at least that is what i was told on the phone yesterday
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#15]
yeah, that's what they have been tellin me for 2 weeks.....it's weird cause I've called alot of local shops and they have all had them in and have since sold them. I wonder why a bigger dealer like AIM is having trouble getting them in. Anyone here on the AIM staff??
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#16]
We have 20" A2s in stock ready to go, But anything in 16" has been waiting, waiting, and waiting.
I have some 16inch  M4 A2s coming in tomorrow.
I'm trying to get them faster but its been slow from Bushmaster.  

Bryan

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#17]
6 weeks, gave up and ordered parts. built my own for a bit cheaper than their price even.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#18]
well, i called today.  Lady told me that they got around 9 or 10 in the other day, but of course those went to the first people on the list.  She said it will probably be awhile till they get more in (I am talking about the 16" m4a3 model).  So let the wait continue
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I must have gotten lucky. Hre in PA I told my FFL to keep an eye out for some. I received an email a week later and had my M4A3 in 6 days. He received 5 in the shippment and a few the week before that were reserved for other customers. Good luck getting yours.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I received an email about an hour ago from AIM surplus saying a wait of 4-6 weeks on a Bushy M4 A3.

I can get the same for $100 more from a local shop...decisions!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Go with RRA and you wouldn't have this problem.  B^)
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Actually, we have yet to get in ANY 16" guns, only 20s, but they are some coming tomorrow.  
Bryan
Aim
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#23]
good news brian.  Bump my name to the top of the list.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top