Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2003 12:11:23 PM EDT
Is it possible to mod an uzi mag to get the bolt to holdopen on the last round?

What is neccassary?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably change out the follower like modified mags for AR10s.. (I think that's the mag)

I've tried to get someone to do this when I was interested in it a while back, but nobody wanted to...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
There are many platforms that do not have bolt hold open, and have been highly successful. If something isn't broken, why try and fix it? Your main perogatives should be making sure your 9mm is running, and then keeping it that way. I have been tweaking some things to get mine to run better, and after break in, I only had one FTE in several hundred rounds of rapid shooting. (of course I went back to my other ar's and beat them around for a while afterwards).

I had thought about ordering some of those followers that people had been designing, but aluminum ones would cost half as much as I paid for the mags themselves! So I decided i'm just going to use what I have and practice.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Good UZI mags have metal followers, therefore, a tab can be welded on the follower to hold the bolt open....
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top