Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2014 4:26:52 AM EDT
I have a 13" UTG pro super slim on a new build that uses a low-pro gas block.. love that rail especially for the price.   I'd like to get my dad one of these for his 16" middy, but would like to maintain the standard front sight instead of going low-pro gas block.  Would the 9" version of this rail be compatible with a standard front sight?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 4:37:46 AM EDT
[#1]

well the forward portion of the rail isn't going to fit into the handguard retainer like a set of handguards would.  you are going to have to measure the distance between the FSB and the delta ring.

My guess is that it would have a sloppy look to it.  why don't you just get him a drop in 2 piece rail that fits?
like this http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=&level1=&level2=&itemno=MTU007SS&status=utg

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 4:38:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
well the forward portion of the rail isn't going to fit into the handguard retainer like a set of handguards would.  you are going to have to measure the distance between the FSB and the delta ring.

My guess is that it would have a sloppy look to it.  why don't you just get him a drop in 2 piece rail that fits?

View Quote

This...Midwest makes a 2 peice drop in, and Samson makes a FF rail that uses a standard barrel nut but has a cut out for a FSB.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 5:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of these I am not using.    http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=Mounting%20Systems&itemno=MTU015    You can have it if you want it. I could post it to you and you could try it out. If you like it keep it. If you don't then pass it on to someone else. IM me your address if you want it. (No charge. No strings attached.)
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have one of these I am not using.    http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=Mounting%20Systems&itemno=MTU015    You can have it if you want it. I could post it to you and you could try it out. If you like it keep it. If you don't then pass it on to someone else. IM me your address if you want it. (No charge. No strings attached.)
View Quote

Wow, thanks for the offer!  My dad's AR has a midlength upper.. that handguard looks to be for a carbine setup?

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
well the forward portion of the rail isn't going to fit into the handguard retainer like a set of handguards would.  

View Quote

Thanks for your insights.  I guess I was planning to remove the handguard retainer altogether when I took the FSB off to install the FF rail.  I agree leaving that on there would look pretty bad.

I'll check into the options mentioned in the thread.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for your insights.  I guess I was planning to remove the handguard retainer altogether when I took the FSB off to install the FF rail.  I agree leaving that on there would look pretty bad.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

well the forward portion of the rail isn't going to fit into the handguard retainer like a set of handguards would.  

that's why I linked you to a drop in unit.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, my misunderstanding.    Thanks again for the advice.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=Mounting%20Systems&itemno=MTU007SS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top