Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 6:41:31 PM EDT
My Bushmaster M4 type carbine has the carry handle and I'm looking for a good way to mount an EOTec.  At the gunshows I see UTG handguards to replace the plastic handguards that are now on the Bushmaster.  Are the China made UTG's ok or should I get something eles?  Any other recomendations?  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:48:39 PM EDT
Am I tracking you that you are thinking about putting an EOTech on UTGs?
That's about like a crystal doorknob on an outhouse.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:48:49 PM EDT
The EO-Tech goes on the upper.

The UTG HG's are good only for their price point.

Personally, if I were looking at non FF Handguards, I would look at MI, or YHM.

Then again I try to not consciously buy Made in China goods, if possible.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:49:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Fanner50:
My Bushmaster M4 type carbine has the carry handle and I'm looking for a good way to mount an EOTec.  At the gunshows I see UTG handguards to replace the plastic handguards that are now on the Bushmaster.  Are the China made UTG's ok or should I get something eles?  Any other recomendations?  Thanks guys.

I own one....Has worked fine for me, but have not hung any gear on it.  I just prefer the railed looked over standard handguards.  If I were buying for function, I would have went with a DD or LT rail.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:49:46 PM EDT
If you searched at all, you will find many posts on this subject. First hand i know somebody who has this on their bushmaster AR. 1st off its made in Taiwan. 2nd. I think its a heavy rail especially with those rubber covers. UTG rails work with real AR's but a lot of people stick them onto their airsoft guns. I will say if weight does not bother you this rail will be ok for mounting maybe a light or maybe maybe maybe a vertical grip. But I would definitely not mount any kind of sighting system on to this rail. You didn't pick a cheap hobbie so why go for junk. If I were mounting something on my rail I would stick with LaRue Tactical or Daniel Defense rails. In this field you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:56:06 PM EDT
UTG handguards are OK, but as stated above, you should never mount an optic (scope) on NON-free floated handguards. They are not 100% rigid and can move a few 1/16" of an inch and change your zero. Honestly, for CQB, like 20' inside your home, it probably wouldn't matter, but if you have a removable carry handle, you need to just take it off and put the eotech on the receiver. If you want a back up iron sight, either buy one or chop your carry handle. If you have a fixed carry handle (ie; an A2 upper) you need a goose neck mount, or free float handguards.
Top Top