Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2018 11:59:28 AM EDT
I was hunting for a new mount for my next build for my yet undetermined LPV scope (probably going with PA 1-6/8) that wasn't over $100 and came in FDE as the rest of my rifle as you will see in the pictures is FDE. So searching I came across the UTG Accu-sync mounts which they have 1 inch movdels and 30mm with 34mm and 50mm offsets. They also have a wide range of colors. I found mine on amazon for $56 and shipped free with prime ordered it friday it just hit my door on a sunday so plus 1 for amazon

The over all feel of it is solid but lightweight. I don't have a scale and they don't list the weight however amazon lists the shipping weight at 7.7 ounces. Which compared to the Aero precision mounts at 3oz and the primary arms deluxe mount at 8.2oz is not bad. The machining is nice the screws for the caps and the side mounting plate dont feel cheap at all. the FDE is a little lighter than the cerakote on my receiver but matches strike industries dust cover (50 shades of FDE)

First impressions are excellent Ill be ordering my scope this week and time will tell how it holds up but I have high hopes

The Box does say made in china

Their product description claims repeatable zero so Ill have to test that

Link Posted: 5/13/2018 12:11:01 PM EDT
I've been pleasantly surprised by UTG's stuff in the last couple years.

Way different than they used to be.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 12:15:39 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:
I've been pleasantly surprised by UTG's stuff in the last couple years.

Way different than they used to be.
View Quote
Indeed I have one of their Mlok bipods which is pretty awesome. Their rails I hear are pretty great too. Best of all it's all affordable to the average joe/jane wanting to spice up their AR

definitely not the airsoft quality they once were.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:39:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2018 9:40:28 AM EDT by CK1]
That's a lot of machining to reduce the weight. I think 7.7oz is inclusive of packaging. No QD and the aforementioned lightening cuts, I expect the weight to be less than 7.7oz. Good to see proper recoil lugs for 20+oz scopes.

Pure spitballing here: this appears to be superior over the Aero mounts in some ways. Easier to install and level the scope and the the entire mount is stiffer. I trust Aero over UTG still.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:49:14 PM EDT
Good stuff, Would probably be really nice for a budget Bushnell/Primary Arms scope.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:02:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
Good stuff, Would probably be really nice for a budget Bushnell/Primary Arms scope.
View Quote
It will be getting a PA 1-6 soon
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:13:14 PM EDT
I can see the machining flaws in it just from the pics you posted.

Hard pass.

But it is good to see UTG making better stuff.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:50:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By -WhiteFang-:

Hard pass.

View Quote
I'm liking it better than the PEPR Mount for the price. PEPR is also made in China right?

PEPR@ 8.7 oz

UTG High @ 5.2 oz
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:25:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By -WhiteFang-:

Hard pass.

View Quote
Yeah not the highest machining quality in the world but for 56 bucks and lighter than most other mounts out there its a pretty good deal. I know some people will only use larue or other high end mounts but there are a lot of people out here like me who cant afford those and these are a better option.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 2:47:57 AM EDT
Thanks for the info and pix. I’ll be snagging me one in the morning. It looks to be a good alternative to the Burris PEPR and the Primary Arms Deluxe (both made in China).
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:15:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2018 8:29:11 AM EDT by MS556]
Leupold Mark 2 IMS is 6.4 (shipping weight) ounces - $85. Rock solid and easily removed with standard 13mm wrench, like most solid mounts.

Made in USA. No, its not colored to match your furniture, but neither are most other solid, reliable mounts. Get something with known quality.

If color is important, that's what rattle can is for. Brownells Aluma Hyde is very good.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:52:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2018 8:58:04 AM EDT by Evile]
Originally Posted By MS556:
Leupold Mark 2 IMS is 6.4 (shipping weight) ounces - $85. Rock solid and easily removed with standard 13mm wrench, like most solid mounts.

https://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/p_526000159_1.jpg

Made in USA. No, its not colored to match your furniture, but neither are most other solid, reliable mounts. Get something with known quality.

If color is important, that's what rattle can is for. Brownells Aluma Hyde is very good.
View Quote
Having used Aero Precision mounts, burris, Primary arms, and a couple others the utg mount is just as good if not better. Nothing feels cheap.

I would put the quality of this mount on that of the Aero Precision mount.

The only negative I have is my arisaka scope leveling tool wouldn't work on it

Here it is with a primary arms 1-6.. I should have gone with the od green one

Link Posted: 5/20/2018 1:22:51 PM EDT
I ended up ordering 30mm High Pro 50mm Offset last night for $38 and change. And I’ll be using it with a Primary Arms HUD ACSS 5.56, on a fresh small frame build that’s in progress. I don’t have any worries about it. And it might turn out to be another GTG mount like the Burris, Aero and Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 1:27:42 PM EDT
They are stepping up their game.

Hell their new iron sights are really impressive despite being made in Taiwan.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:57:37 PM EDT
Agree!

I’ve fingered the low profile flip up sights they came out with a year or so ago. They are really nice. And sit flat on the rail.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:55:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2018 7:56:04 PM EDT by Capt_Destro]
Originally Posted By jimmyc2112:
Agree!

I’ve fingered the low profile flip up sights they came out with a year or so ago. They are really nice. And sit flat on the rail.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jimmyc2112:
Agree!

The flip ups don't look bad. I ended up replacing the polymer ball bearings with stainless steel ones. Their new fixed sights look really nice. I compared the rear to a cardinal forge carry handle. It really came close regarding quality/materials.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:27:54 PM EDT
Thanks to Amazon, for its 2 Day shipping, my UTG ACCU-SYNC 30mm Medium Pro. 50mm Offset FDE Mount arrived today. And I have to say, nice job Leapers/UTG!

The mount feels light in hand. It’s lightening cuts, I’m sure ad to that feel. They are also pleasant to the eye. All of the edges have a nice radius to them. The Cerakote FDE coating is uniform, with no thin spots that I can tell. I like that the same size torx screws are used for the rings and side plate. When I mounted it to the top of the San Tan Tactical upper receiver, it will be going on, it locked up solid using 35 in.lb’s UTG states to use.

I paid $60 for the FDE mount ($40 for the black anodized version). And it was worth every penny. I have Nikon, Burris, Warne, Primary Arms and Ruger rings and mounts. The UTG mount will remain as an addition to the collection.

Top Top