Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/18/2014 1:02:33 PM EDT
I've finally gotten some of each make to restock other non-USGIs I'd sold off.

My experience is very limited and I've been unable to find any threads pertaining to these.

I would like to hear from folks their experiences/observations of the magazines from the three contract suppliers - Okay, Center, and Brownell's.

For me using an older 6520 lower and an Ameetec Arms lower:
-Okays fit well and eject with vigor
-Centers fit well and are somewhat tighter however they still eject well
-Brownell's fit tight, do not eject, but otherwise function well

I still have a 6920 and 6720 that I need to try them with but am still interested in others' experiences in the interim.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:01:22 AM EDT
I was issued Brownells in Afghanistan in 2011. I wasn't aware of any complaints then. The spring is specifically designed to work with the follower and vice versa so I think it is safe to say it is the most advanced design available. It is very cool how the spring "locks" onto the follower preventing it from tilting. I go back next month so I'll check out what is popular over there currently and report back
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:34:38 AM EDT
BTW, there is a New brand follower that fits the new USGI rounded spring, as well as the more common last gen spring.

It is very similar to the Magpul follower.

Here...http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazine-parts/magazine-followers/ar-15-m16-usgi-juggernaut-anti-tilt-followers-prod56127.aspx?psize=96
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:00:57 PM EDT
The description on Brownells is pretty intresting.

It sounds like it may have made some improvements on Magpuls followers.
Top Top