Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/29/2003 5:49:33 PM EDT
Well i am getitng my first ar 15 20" bushy a3. now the 10 rounder doesnt sound so fun so i intend on getting a few 30 rounders. Where are good places aim surplus has orilites for $14 , is that a good price or should i just get usgi? So far the cheapest place i found usgi's at is cuffler, but since there is no phone number i cant get one question answered. does anyone know the difference between the gv exe 30rd ($17) and the regular 30rd($15). also can anyone recommend a good palce to buy usgi mags at in good shape.

thanks
JAMES
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:44:47 PM EDT
Here is an excellent list on mag desirablity... [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=163158[/url] Stick to USGI and save yourself headaches. I have also had great luck with the British steel mags. Stick with the top tier mags on the list and you can't go wrong. Troy is like some kind of mag expertise god... Check the EE (Equipment Exchange) for deals. This is where I've bought most of my mags. I've never ordered from Cruffler, but have heard good things about them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:24:52 AM EDT
USGI are the best mags. The equipment exchange has the best deals on USGI mags.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:19:27 AM EDT
thanks guys i noticed on the list that the brit mags rank higher then the orilites. since i am ordeirng the gun online i am sure if i get a mag at the same time i doubt they will charge me for shipping. so ill decide one or the other. thanks james
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:17:15 AM EDT
Might want to order the british mags from Rguns ($15 shipped if you order 10) or look around for similar deals. I had a good experience with them and would order again. Others give them a bad rep. From what I hear, just make sure they have them in stock first. Where are you ordering the rifle from and what are you getting?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:23:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2003 12:33:37 PM EDT by Danno_man]
just got 6 british mags today. seems to be well made and fit fine in my RRA and Colt. i have 10 USGI 30rd mags coming in the next day or so, which i picked up on EE $120 for 10 shipped. BTW did anyone get the latest SWAT magazine? has an article on M16/AR15 mags and had mentioned Troy at the end...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:42:49 AM EDT
thanks for all the input. well i am getting a 20" a3 from aim surplus for 769. thery have new britsh mags for 24 a peice i might pick up one or two since i wont have to pay any more for shipping. also what is a good loading device, i doubt i cna use my glock loader lol. i have seen the LULA and another one with strips that you push down. any advice on this. thanks james
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:11:04 AM EDT
LULA is a good mag loader/unloader. The only way faster to unload a mag is to bump fire for those of us without full autos... It is a really neat little device. I wouldn't pay $24 for the brit mags, maybe NIW USGIs with green followers if I couldn't find them any cheaper elsewhere. They can be found in the $15-16 range. Check out the EE and other places. Shop around, deals can be found...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:45:03 PM EDT
Don't forget to check local stores. I get USGI mags for $10 each, don't think online or the EE is always the best deal.
Top Top