Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2003 7:25:57 PM EDT
I have two LaBelle and two Sanchez USGI magazines that I use with my RRA M4.  All 4 have green followers and function flawlessly but there is something that has been bothering me lately that I cannot figure out.

Both the LaBelle mags enter and exit the lower with ease.  But, the two Sanchez mags require some extra effort to get them in.  Now I am not talking about forcing them in with all my strength, just that it takes steady pressure to get them in.  I guess you would call them "tight-fitting"  Why is this?

At first, when I only had 1 Sanchez mag, I figured it was just differences in individual mags.  But now, after I got a second Sanchez from a different source, and it still has that issue, I am beginning to wonder.

In general, are Sanchez mags just wider than LaBelle mags?  Or is my situation just coincidence that both the Sanchez mags are tight-fitting?

Any information you guys can provide me with would be great!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a micrometer to the mags, and compare the tight ones with the not-so-tight ones.  Also, put a T-square to it also, some mags are kinda smushed, ie not square.  I've had some Sanchez mags that were like that, but 5 minutes with a c-clamp does it.  Go easy, though, because if you pop the welds, you are not gonna be happy.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top