Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2004 2:59:18 PM EDT
Where exactly can I find these? and what is a good price?  almost bought pro mags, but then saw your list, what makes these steel mags so bad?  Just bought a PLINKER PLUS and know little about ar's but want to learn. also need reasonable mag prices! any help apreciated!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Welcome to the forums jpdogkiller!

USGI include:

Colt, Circle Kay, Center, Labelle, AdventureLine, etc.  These can be found right here on the EE. EE AR15 Mags...

Going rate these days...$12-17ish.

What makes the steel USA brand and others crap? Believe it or not, there's a lot of engineering involved in manufacturing a quality magazine.  Tolerances and Quality Control is a must for USGI. Aftermarket AR mags aren't/weren't held to any particular standards and as such they are nothing more than pure shit.

There are steel mags from England and Singapore which are apparently suitable but if the supply picks up on the USGI/Contractor grade mags and the price falls- the USGI is always the way to go.

Take care.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got 5 Labelles and I can't get them to feed right. Tried them with 5,10,20,and28 rounds loaded and the first round never chambers correctly. Any correctable reason for this?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top