Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 3:30:07 AM EDT
I have two lower receivers being shipped from Eagle Firearms.  Eagle says that the were picked up by UPS on thursday.    

I haev the tracking number,  thursday and friday UPS tracking said something about  electronic shipping info received, this does not imply the package was received.   So I emailed eagle again and they again said it was picked up by UPS.

Today UPS tracking says something about unable to locate traking number and package.

Should I be worried?  Has this happened to anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:44:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Happen to me once when I shipped a receiver. I listed it as a firearm so they made me open the box for them to see it. I took it at 8 in the morning to their main place and at 8 the next day it still was not in the system. By 12 I was on the phone to the 1 800 number . Got a lot of excuses  why it might not be. Then I explained it was a firearm and I was just worried about it being missing told them thanks and bye. It showed up in the system less than an hour later. Funny thing was they made me ship it overnight because it was a gun. It got there a day late.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Same thing happened with my order of lowers from Eagle Firearms.  I emailed Eagle Firearms about it and they called UPS immediately and was told the package was in their system and gave them the date they were scheduled for delivery.  The dealer received the package on the scheduled day.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Don

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
i've had packages that weren't in the system even after delivery.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
UPS sucks but fed ex sucks worse pay for next day air get it 5 days later and they tell u fuck off it was out of their controll even after filing all the paperwork and bitching they still wont refund the extra amount for next day service.
I have an ffl and deal with them regularly. From my experience I will bet you its ups fault.
I have never personaly dealt with Eagle Firearms but have heard from others their a class act.
I wouldn't worry to much.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Just give it a couple days... I have seen this a few times.  It always works out on its own.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
UPS is Teamsters, that means they don't have to answer to anyone and mostly just don't care. I have tried to get a job with them for years, my delivery man told me that they have like an eleven year waiting list to get a job with them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I have ordered from eagle and dont worry you will get it on time!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I ship (my business) with Fed Ex.  My experience is they are more reliable than UPS, handle delicate goods with more care.  But also receive goods shipped with UPS.

Sometimes items shipped are not immediately in the system.  I have had a few items never get into the system, could not be tracked at all, but still were delivered in a timely fashion.

Shipments usually do not show up on tracking until they have been received at the first hub.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Sometimes UPS tracking isn't up to snuff, in the last couple of weeks I received a package before it ever showed up on the tracking page, not too swift on the tracking sometimes!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Vatopa,

Chris is only a few miles from me.  If you don't receive your receivers, I have his wife hold him while I shine my boots on him.

Really, Chris/Eagle is good people.  I have met Chris, his wife, and you will not have any problems on thier end.  Your FFL doing the transfer on your end may be a totally different story.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:48:26 AM EDT
[#11]
thanks guys,  I think it will show up this week.  I do alot of UPS shipping in my business,  never had  problem tracking before.

Dano,  Iwill keep that boot thing in mind,,,,,,,,,,,,I can not say enough about  the service at Eagle Firearms,  I am a royal pain in the butt sometimes and they have answered every email, the same day, even on sundays.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top