Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 7:56:18 AM EDT
I Was doing a side by side comparison with two RRA bolt carriers I have and I noticed that the cocking flat was longer on one and was not cut(machined)as deeply or should I say at all . The area I refer to is underneath and directly in front of the firing pin where the hammer would make contact with the firing pin it was almost flush (almost)with the strike cap on the firing pin. It still fired but I saw this and wondered if someone just took an early break on the grinder or if it was maybe a different manufacturer or WTF. The other bolt was cut (machined) down towards the firing pin exposing the strike cap and the firing pin stop rim .Which appears to be more functional overall is it better or worse ??? Enlighten me those who know , or even if you dont your notions cannot be anymore dilluted than mine .  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks- but would you clarify. The ramped bolt carrier you refer to is the carrier with no cut out and only a very small portion of the firing pin exposed versus the carrier where a good 1/4 of an inch of firing pin is exposed by this cutout making this the 'heavier'of the two ? Is this correct ?   Sorry the private is silly and ignorant ...thanks i appreciate it
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Colt's new semi carriers are unramped.  The last few that I ordered came this way.  They also came with the black insert and heavier ejector spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top