User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 38
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nada-Nada:
How much does it weigh with out the ammo and sling but the suppressor on there?
View Quote
5lb 6oz
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By themagikbullet:

5lb 6oz
View Quote
Nice and skinny....
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:25:41 AM EDT
[#3]
SD:

Thanks....

I agree with you completely on the lightweight market. The interest shown by the market over the last few years has really driven incredible innovation and availability of great light weight parts. Some are practical, some are range toys, but this drives a cycle that allows all to benefit.

Another angle on the V7 Build...

https://i.imgur.com/YyekSJG.png
View Quote
Outstanding. I keep looking at that rail and debating on if I want to jump from a magnesium KMr or not. I debate if I should go with the magnesium oenlithium aluminum model. I really like that Trijicon RMR on the Scalarworks Mount. That’s the route I plan to go soon, and replace my T1 on a Scalarworks Mount.

I’m waiting for TNVC to send me my pro version of the TAPS switch for my light.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:14:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nada-Nada] [#4]
Originally Posted By StrangerDanger:

Outstanding. I keep looking at that rail and debating on if I want to jump from a magnesium KMr or not.
View Quote
The Odin O2Lite was a compromise, if you will, in that the KMRs and their successors are all too skinny to consume a suppressor. I needed something slightly over 1.5" ID and this fit the bill while keeping it fairly light. I'd rather have a V7 Ultralight at the end of the day, just the wrong ID for my needs on this build.

The other 300 build will have a larger OD can so I am going with the Seekins handguard on that one, again not my first choice (it's a nice rail don't get me wrong) but have to get all the various components to work together.

I'd love V7 and BAD to offer rails in a ID of 1.6", in that they offer multiple lengths having an additional ID option would be great, but that's completely selfish of course. :)

I am interested in your feedback on TAPS. I love the concept. Although it does look big.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Question for those running the Battle Arms lightweight stock with the standard buffer tube...how do you guys like it? How is shouldering and fitment/lock up etc?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I hear you on the rail ID for the suppressor.

I have a Battle Arms Development Billet receiver set that was plated in Np3+. I’m thinking of making it in to a lightweight SPR with a Proof Research Carbon fiber barrel and a NightForce optic. It certainly won’t be in this sub six pound class, but it should be around 8-9 as a precision rifle with its heavy ass optic.

How do you like that BAD stock? Is there any weight savings over say a Magpul CTR and a lightweight buffer tube like the V7 lithium? I’ve been using this V7 lithium buffer tubes with a PWS ratcheting castle nut system that doesn’t need staking. I probably pay a one ounce weight penalty for this though.

The TAPS switch mount well if you are using keymod or mlok. Picatinny gets thick fast. The standard model is kind of a one trick pony and not worth the trouble. The tactile feel of the buttons are amazing compared to the Surefire pads.

The Odin O2Lite was a compromise, if you will, in that the KMRs and their successors are all too skinny to consume a suppressor. I needed something slightly over 1.5" ID and this fit the bill while keeping it fairly light. I'd rather have a V7 Ultralight at the end of the day, just the wrong ID for my needs on this build.

The other 300 build will have a larger OD can so I am going with the Seekins handguard on that one, again not my first choice (it's a nice rail don't get me wrong) but have to get all the various components to work together.

I'd love V7 and BAD to offer rails in a ID of 1.6", in that they offer multiple lengths having an additional ID option would be great, but that's completely selfish of course. :)

I am interested in your feedback on TAPS. I love the concept. Although it does look big.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]

How do you like that BAD stock? Is there any weight savings over say a Magpul CTR and a lightweight buffer tube like the V7 lithium? I’ve been using this V7 lithium buffer tubes with a PWS ratcheting castle nut system that doesn’t need staking. I probably pay a one ounce weight penalty for this though.
View Quote
Haven't ran the BAD PDW yet, so I can't comment on it other than it's really well made, I picked it up because it allows for a very compact setup while using a standard BCG and is not a add on like many aftermarket options are - just nice clean and compact. While it does accept standard BCG, there are specific dimensions on the tail that must be abided by to work with the non-standard buffer though, just to be aware.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#8]
JUST made it...  I've been trying for 20-years to get the wife into shooting ANYTHING..finally decided to go all in and build her an AR of her own.  The stick was meant to be an X-mas present but the PO lost the barrel for a week'ish so it slid to a New Years deal.

5-lbs. 15.05-oz. as configured with full-auto BCG & std. carbine buffer.  The optic & riser weigh 5.6-oz., so 5-lbs. 9.45-oz. naked.

Pic:
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#9]
^ With all that pink and red, you should have let it slide a bit further into a Valentines gift.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#10]
No shit, I didn't think about that, but yeah...it is V-Day'd-up!  Best news is she liked it & wants to hit the range...fantastic news after a couple decades chipping away!
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#11]
4 pounds, 10.88 ounces. Just needs a mag and ammo. I'll get some better pictures over the weekend and hopefully have a report from the range.

Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:45:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rezarf2] [#12]
This thread put me over the top to build my first light weight upper.

All said and done I came in at 5 pound 13 oz (Empty with no mag and without the Surefire X300u pictured).

Build Specs:

Upper

Noveske Upper Vltor MUR
Noveske NSR 13.5" NSR
Noveske BCG
Faxon 16" Pencil Barrel
Faxon ultralight .062" gas block
Battle Comp 1.0
Brownells melonite gas tube (mid length)
Noveske marked BCM Gunfighter CH
Daniel Defense fixed sight set
BCM Keymod rail covers
BCM Keymod QD sling mount

Lower
Noveske Gen 1 forged lower
CMMG LPK
CMC 3.5# flat trigger (friggen' sweet!)
Magpul MOE grip
Magpul MOE trigger guard
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul BAD lever
Noveske QD end plate
Tubbs Flatwire buffer spring
Carbine buffer (Brownells)

The rifle feels SO handy and light it is awesome. Thanks for the inspiration and build pics, I can't wait to stretch it's legs in the mountains here soon. I can only imagine what kind of coin it would take to get a sub 5# gun... and how much more hunting, whittling and shopping would be needed to get down to some of these sub 4# guns! Awesome work folks, awesome. I am thinking of a LW BCG but it'll still only shave about 3-4oz (for my price range) but then I think I'd like an adjustable gas block. In the end it'll likely run like this, I could totally fight with this gun.

Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]
2A RBC - One of the lightest weight BCG on the market and it's adjustable gas. Two birds with one stone.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By hfrog355:
2A RBC - One of the lightest weight BCG on the market and it's adjustable gas. Two birds with one stone.
View Quote
That looks great until you look at the price.

It's a cool concept, but a $420 BCG is too rich for my blood.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Building the lightest is not for the faint of credit card debt...
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By keeperofthedew:That looks great until you look at the price.

It's a cool concept, but a $420 BCG is too rich for my blood.
View Quote
This is one of those times where being an early adopter was actually cheaper....they had an intro price.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:11:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bobbyjallday] [#17]

s&W lower

NFA poly lpk

aero upper (no FA)

fostech LW bcg

carbon fiber tube HG and ebay aluminum barrel nut

faxon 14.5 welded pencil barrel

shaved down a2 grip

CAR stock

taccom LW buffer

wojtek adj. GB

rifle complete as it sits is 70oz w/ mbus and was around $800, gonna spend a few extra bucks on it and prob add a few oz getting it more comfortable, (magpul k grip, ALG trigger). im going to keep it under 1k and 100% reliable

the CF tube with poly rail on the front puts the front sight a little to high, and with the sight straight to tube is a lot too low. instead of modifying the rail section i might just suck it up and buy a real HG and add an oz or 2.. oh well the cf tube was cheap lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bobbyjallday:

NFA poly lpk

rifle complete as it sits is 70oz w/ mbus and was around $800, gonna spend a few extra bucks on it and prob add a few oz getting it more comfortable, (magpul k grip, ALG trigger). im going to keep it under 1k and 100% reliable

the CF tube with poly rail on the front puts the front sight a little to high, and with the sight straight to tube is a lot too low. instead of modifying the rail section i might just suck it up and buy a real HG and add an oz or 2.. oh well the cf tube was cheap lol
View Quote
Damn, nice job. That's freak'n light! Never heard of a poly LPK... even the hammer! Lol!!!

I've got this for sale that would work wonders on that build..

Rock on brother!
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#19]
i have a guntech rail on order, i do love me some carbon fiber tho.

the poly trigger group is super light, the trigger feels a lot better then i thought it would, its got a heavy hammer spring (i guess to compensate for the weight) but feels crisper on the break then most milspec triggers i have used. i look forward to using it, but dont know how long its life expectancy is
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#20]
How about an acog set up? I think I need an SLR mount for the ta33.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Pair at 5# 10 oz.

Link Posted: 4/23/2018 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#22]

4lbs 15oz

Spike’s slick side upper
Faxon 14.5” Gunner with permanent FH
AIM lightweight BCG
SLR .625 AGB
Guntec 12” rail
Truglo Trutec red dot (rebranded Holosun)

80% lower
Rise RA-434
BADASS selector
MFT grip
A2 extension
Empty buffer
Reduced power spring
3D printed stock
Bicycle foam handlebar cover
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 12:16:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dmason53] [#23]
Trying to figure out how to embed photos...
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#24]
This is my first light weight build and this took quite a long time as my interest in the build went up and down.

- MAG Tactical receiver set
- BCM KMR
- 14.5” Falcon barrel with Precision Armament M72 brake

permanently attached
- JP ULMOS bcg
- Carbon fiber buffer tube
- Magpul MBUS
- Trijicon MRO
- Seekins AFG

And many other light weight parts and modifications went into completing this build.

3 pounds 15.5 ounces as pictured.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bobbyjallday:
https://i.imgur.com/4ZqyhTo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ivgUieA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/doDjlOn.jpg

s&W lower

NFA poly lpk

aero upper (no FA)

fostech LW bcg

carbon fiber tube HG and ebay aluminum barrel nut

faxon 14.5 welded pencil barrel

shaved down a2 grip

CAR stock

taccom LW buffer

wojtek adj. GB

View Quote
Damn that's nice n light! How the heck you get it trimmed down on weight? I have a mp 15x and she is a fat lady! Not sure on exact weight but I know she is heavy
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Total Weight 3.89 lbs

Anderson Light Weight Sport Upper
Faxon Firearms 16 inch Pencil Barrel
V7 Titanium Muzzle Break
Whisky Arms Aluminum BC with DPMS bolt
Hydra Fire Roller Camp Pin
Custom made Carbon Fiber Mlok Hanguard with JK Series Aluminum Barrel Nut
Vortex Venom

MAG Tactical Lower
New Frontier Armory Polymer Lower Parts Group
A2 Extension
Custom made carbon fiber buttstock
Taccom Carbine Recoil System
DPMS Carbing Spring
3 inch Section PVC pipe
PSA Mid Length Gas Tube
Syrac Ordnance Adjustable Gas Block 0.625
BCM Charging Handle
Magpul K Grip
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 6:20:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pukindog] [#27]
My first attempt at a light weight AR,

Attachment Attached File

Weight unloaded...

Attachment Attached File

weight with a loaded 20-round mag..

Attachment Attached File

I suppose I can find a few more light weight parts, but first I want to get it to the range and see if it works as is.

ETA:
Got to the range and it did not cycle. Although (in the picture below) it occasionally kicked out brass, it never loaded a subsequent round from the mag. I suspect the gas block but have not had the time to look at it closely yet. I am pretty confident I can fix it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice build. Any luck getting it running right?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By L119188:
Nice build. Any luck getting it running right?
View Quote
I should know this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By wcase:
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1734/42333747801_08c11c4ac2_c.jpg

Total Weight 3.89 lbs

Anderson Light Weight Sport Upper
Faxon Firearms 16 inch Pencil Barrel
V7 Titanium Muzzle Break
Whisky Arms Aluminum BC with DPMS bolt
Hydra Fire Roller Camp Pin
Custom made Carbon Fiber Mlok Hanguard with JK Series Aluminum Barrel Nut
Vortex Venom

MAG Tactical Lower
New Frontier Armory Polymer Lower Parts Group
A2 Extension
Custom made carbon fiber buttstock
Taccom Carbine Recoil System
DPMS Carbing Spring
3 inch Section PVC pipe
PSA Mid Length Gas Tube
Syrac Ordnance Adjustable Gas Block 0.625
BCM Charging Handle
Magpul K Grip
View Quote
Wow! With a 14.5" barrel and a little shorter handguard, it could still lose weight!
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#31]
I finally got this thing working reliably this weekend by putting a regular weight BCG in it. The lightweight BCG I was using would not come forward with enough strength to reliably strip a round from the mag and chamber it, and often got stuck in the process. I tried using a Wolf extra power buffer spring with it but that didn't help.

Anyway, it works now...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Only problem is, the full weight BCG put the empty weight just over 6lbs.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Do you have a fixed or adjustable gas block? It sounds like your carrier might just be outrunning the magazine. The wolf xp spring is a very stiff spring and is more than enough to reliably strip and chamber rounds (usually excessive in most cases) A test would be to insert a full mag with the lightweight bcg and hit the bolt release. It should chamber every time. If you suspect overgas and you have a fixed gas block then just toss an RCA adjustable gas key onto the lightweight carrier. Then you can have both a lightweight setup that's tuned to work and a full mass setup you can drop in without having to make any adjustments.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Forged uppers and lowers, 16" barrels, no polymer FCGs or other small parts, no titanium parts. Steel gas blocks (and one's adjustable).

The Lightweight (with the BCM KMR rail) is right at 5 pounds 7.5 ounces:

lightweight weight by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

lightweight by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

The ultralight (ALG EMR) is currently at 5 pounds and change:

ultralight weight by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

ultralight by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

However, I have another set of the irons you see on the KMR rifle on the way for the ultralight, as the sights are 2.8 ounces and the PA micro dot (which is frankly awful, as the dot jumps around from shot to shot and will actually cause 2 distinct shot groups at 100 yards, although for HD stuff it would work fine) is almost 6 ounces.  So that should drop it to just at 5 pounds or maybe a hair under.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:44:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#34]
So I built one using themagikbullet's build (props to that build) for reference with a tweak here and there. I'm at 5lb 6 oz no ammo or mag...not sure why it's such a pig compared to his. The biggest difference is I used v7 gi forged receiver set, 16in barrel but same make and model,  brownells lightweight bcg, v7 telescopic buffer tube and alg act trigger. I guess all that equals an extra lb which surprised me but oh well. It's still pretty light weight.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#35]
As pictured. 5-15.

Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Here it is at 5lb6oz I think I may try to shave a few more oz from it but I'm happy with it anyway.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#37]

This one weighs in right around the 5 pound mark unloaded.
V7 lithium aluminum upper and lower. KMR magnesium rail. Noveske skinny profile barrel cut back and pinned for an overall length of 16” with the B. E. Meyers 249 flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:46:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#38]
https://i.imgur.com/dE2nYy8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uUORuYC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tfGqNaG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M2spYBs.jpg

V7 lithium aluminum upper and lower. KMR magnesium rail. Noveske skinny profile barrel cut back and pinned for an overall length of 16” with the B. E. Meyers 249 flash suppressor.
View Quote
Very nice. Dig you using the magpul stock in a lightweight. Also didn't skimp on backup irons
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks. I have lighter stocks In the junk drawer,  but I like the CTR better. Plus adding weight in the rear isn’t as big of a deal. My goal was t for getting the lightest, but as light as possible while retaining an optic, sling and light. Strip all those off and I’d be in the mid 4’s.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#40]
https://i.imgur.com/dE2nYy8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uUORuYC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tfGqNaG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M2spYBs.jpg

View Quote
Hi - wow- WITH optics, handstop, sling, light, rail panels and all as shown it is right at 5 lbs?? That is almost unbelievable as I have several ULW builds with similar specs, sling and optics, front site but no other

Please list full build? Very curious where you are cutting that weight
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:12:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StrangerDanger] [#41]
Sure thing. The V7 lithium aluminum upper and lower are almost as light as the magnesium ones. Except these are stronger than 7075.

Lower: V7 Weapon Systems 2055 lithium aluminum billet lower
Received Extension: V7 Weapon Systems 2055 lithium aluminum receiver extension
Buffer: JP Enterprises Silent Buffer (Gen 1)
Received Plate: PWS Ratcheting locking plate (no staking needed)
Stock: Magpul CTR, Milspec with a Limbsaver buttpad
Trigger: Geissele SD3G
Trigger/Hammer pins: V7 Weapon Systems titanium pins
Pistol Grip: Executive Ordanance Grip
Grip Screw: V7 Weapon Systems titanium screw
Takedown Pins: Battle Arms Development Titanium Lin’s
Magazine Button: V7 Weapon Systems aluminum billet button
Ambidextrous magazine release: Norgon
Bolt Release: V7 Weapon Systems S7 release
Selector: Battle Arms Development CASS ST Long/Short

Upper Receiver: V7 Weapon Systems 2055 lithium aluminum upper, no forward assist, receiver face lapped before barrel seating.
Barrel: Noveske Skinny profile 14.5” barrel cut down to approximately 13.7” for pinning at ADCO
Flash Suppressor: B.E. Meyers 249
Rail: BCM Original magnesium KMR 13” rail
Barrel Nut: V7 Weapon Systems titanium barrel nut
KMR mounting hardware: V7 Weapon Systems titanium mounting blocks
Gas Block: V7 Weapon Systems .625” titanium gas block, pinned by ADCO
Gas Tube: V7 Weapon Systems Inconel midlength gas tube
Charging handle: Raptor ambidextrous charging handle
Dust Cover: V7 Weapon Systems Lightweight dust cover and lightweight pin
Bolt carrier: JP Low Mass bolt carrier
Bolt: Advanced Combat Bolt if I recall. I’ve had it for years.
Gas key/cam: POF Rollercam with DI modifier gas key
Gas Rings: Spikes Tactical ion bonded gas rings
Rail Covers: BCM over keymod, Larue Index clips with wire looms on the picatinny
Hand stop: Railscales aluminum Karve
Iron Sights: Spikes Tactical lightweight billet sights
Weapon Light: Surefire M600 IB with a IWC M600 backbone body. The switch is a Unity Tactical switch block mounted to the keymod. I may ditch the switch though.
Weapon Light Mount: IWC In-line keymod mount
Front sling QD mounts: Shrike Industries up front and a pair of V7 Weapon Systems QD sockets in the rear of the handguard
Optic: Trijicon gen 2 RMR RM01 3.5moa optic
Optic Mount: Scalarworks RMR absolute co-witness mount
Sling: Blueforcegear padded QD sling

I think that’s everything. It’s light and fast. I’ve put thousands of rounds of SS109 through it with excellent results. Performance wise and accuracy wise. Accuracy steps up when running better quality Ammo such as Taps through it. The barrel nut is never coming off the barrel package since the flash suppressor is pinned in place. I have considered putting a Proof Research carbon fiber wrapped barrel in this rifle. I doubt it would be much lighter than the Noveske, but the barrel would likely perform better accuracy wise.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:10:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#42]
This one is a hair over 4 lbs 15oz unloaded (4.946 pounds) and doesn’t have a single “lightweight-specialty” part on it. Everything was selected because it proportioned well on a miniature AR or because it was dirt cheap (or both). In fact, I could probably lose a tad more weight and length with a plain birdcage  or other non-mount flash hider, but I want to be able to use my 51T silencers on it.

Anderson 7.5” .300blk barrel with FSB
Colt / Harvey Anchor forge A1 upper
Toolcraft Nitride BCG with Strike Ind Latchless CH
Tony’s Customs Aluminum DOE handguard
AAC 51T Blackout
80% Lower (completed, engraved, anodized and SBRed)
LPK Combo: LaRue MBT, Magpul, & Strike Industries
UTG 4-Position CAR Stock kit, chopped to PDW length
LMT flatwire PDW length recoil spring

People don’t think tiny SBRs' weights be like they is, but they do:

Attachment Attached File

Size comparison with an 20” NM AR15:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Impressive considering all the steel in the sights / muzzle device.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Upper
Bootleg Upper
SI Ultimate Dust Cover
AimSurplus Lightweight BCG W/ Adjustable Gas Key
BCM CH
MI G3 15" Handrail
BAD Gas Block
Faxon 16" Pencil Barrel
Faxon SLIM 3 Port Brake
Magpul MBUS sights

Lower
Vorn Lower
V7 Systems lower parts
Magpul K Grip
Geissele G2S
PWS Buffer Tube
Wolff Reduced Power Spring
Emptied Carbine Buffer
MFT Minimalist StocK
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Incognito Stock with Tennessee polymer lower, 2A Xanthos upper with Faxon 16.1 inch pencil barrel. 3D printed titanium pistol grip @ 0.75 ounces, my own custom 11 inch CF hand guard with aluminum barrel nut @ 2.6 ounces total.

Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By breastroker:

Incognito Stock with Tennessee polymer lower, 2A Xanthos upper with Faxon 16.1 inch pencil barrel. 3D printed titanium pistol grip @ 0.75 ounces, my own custom 11 inch CF hand guard with aluminum barrel nut @ 2.6 ounces total.

https://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/AR3083.972pounds_zpsbxsvoejk.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/AR30863.55ounces_zpsu0qzqwf2.jpg
View Quote
wowzies
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#47]
It's easy now to build an AR308 under 6 pounds, with some effort almost as easy to build one under 5 pounds. Lot of work to get below 4.5 pounds and a miracle to get under 4 pounds. I really thought I would never get below 4 pounds.

Key parts are a Faxon 308 pencil barrel 16.1 inches (also 18 inch) Under $180 when on sale

Polymer lower Tennessee Arms under $50 with discounts

Titanium carrier $$$ but I expect lighter steel ones in 2019, AR 308s are a huge build now, many lighter weight parts are sold out

Hogue polymer 15 degree pistol grip 1.5 ounces under $20, the 3D printed titanium grip @ 0.75 ounces $115 preorder, 2019 will be $125

I prefer uppers without FA, not needed on the AR308. As inexpensive as $100

An adjustable gas block a requirement, without the BCG slams like a sledge hammer
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a colt light weight!  Good enough
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
I have a colt light weight!  Good enough
View Quote
1.  Is it under 6 pounds?

2.  If so, post photos.

3.  If not, well then here's a pat on the head and a "good for you!"
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By breastroker:

https://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/AR3083.972pounds_zpsbxsvoejk.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/AR30863.55ounces_zpsu0qzqwf2.jpg
View Quote
I bet that has some thump to it!
Page / 38
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top