Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/8/2010 11:50:53 AM EST
I want to replace my A2 stock with a Magpul UBR on my "A4" type rifle. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to stuff like this, so what exactly, if anything would I need to accomplish this?

any help and links would be highly appreciated, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:01:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:03:04 PM EST
You need these items:

UBR (comes with proprietary buffer tube)

Carbine Buffer Spring

Carbine Buffer (I prefer an H weight)

Remove the rifle length buffer and spring, unscrew the buttplate, slide off the A2 stock, and use an open end wrench to remove the buffer tube if it's tight. Make sure the buffer retaining pin and selector detent spring don't go flying.

Screw on the UBR buffer tube (make sure the detent spring and buffer retaining pin are in). Slide on the cheek piece and attach with supplied flat head screw. Slide on the stock, install buffer and spring, and enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:04:00 PM EST
You're going to have to remove the buffer spring, buffer, A2 stock and the extension, so you will need to get yourself a carbine buffer and spring. The UBR kit comes with everything else you'll need. Unless I'm forgetting something, you can do the whole swap with a cresent wrench and large flathead screwdriver. Having a vice with a set of soft jaws helps, especially if your rifle buffer tube is on there tight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:05:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 12:15:10 PM EST by woode]
common sense, screwdriver

ETA: I <3 my UBR.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:07:24 PM EST
Perfect responses, this is exactly what I needed. I appreciate it guys, thanks!
Top Top