Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 12:50:53 PM EDT
I want to replace my A2 stock with a Magpul UBR on my "A4" type rifle. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to stuff like this, so what exactly, if anything would I need to accomplish this?

any help and links would be highly appreciated, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You need these items:

UBR (comes with proprietary buffer tube)

Carbine Buffer Spring

Carbine Buffer (I prefer an H weight)

Remove the rifle length buffer and spring, unscrew the buttplate, slide off the A2 stock, and use an open end wrench to remove the buffer tube if it's tight. Make sure the buffer retaining pin and selector detent spring don't go flying.

Screw on the UBR buffer tube (make sure the detent spring and buffer retaining pin are in). Slide on the cheek piece and attach with supplied flat head screw. Slide on the stock, install buffer and spring, and enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You're going to have to remove the buffer spring, buffer, A2 stock and the extension, so you will need to get yourself a carbine buffer and spring.  The UBR kit comes with everything else you'll need.  Unless I'm forgetting something, you can do the whole swap with a cresent wrench and large flathead screwdriver.  Having a vice with a set of soft jaws helps, especially if your rifle buffer tube is on there tight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
common sense, screwdriver

ETA: I <3 my UBR.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Perfect responses, this is exactly what I needed. I appreciate it guys, thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top