Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/4/2006 9:14:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 9:19:42 PM EDT by Variablebinary]
Robarms is at it again

"28 February 2006 We just sent the last batch of parts needed to begin shipping XCR out for heat treatment and finishing. XCRs will begin trickling out in less than two weeks with many shipped by the end of March. We greatly appreciate your patience."

The XCR might kick ass, but the two weeks thing is turning into the biggest on-going joke in the arms industry
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:03:11 AM EDT
And at the SHOT Show a year ago, they were just about ready.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:19:00 AM EDT
But at some point all the investment of time, capital, as well as heart and soul has to have its day.

In respect RA for not shipping a half-baked effort. Public opinion would have killed it before it had a chance.

It is a business after all and it is far better to do it right than to do it fast.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:20:48 AM EDT
About a year ago I was ready to shell out the cash. Now I don't think I want one. This whole XCR deal stinks. I can't imagine if something went wrong with it. I have never done business with Robarm but this doesn't look good from a business/service standpoint at all.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:21:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Eric:
And at the SHOT Show a year ago, they were just about ready.

I was talking with Alex Robinson at the SHOT Show and he shared with me a very special secret. He said that ARES Defense manufactures most of the XCRs parts.

All kidding aside, I look forward in receiving my XCR
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:21:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:
But at some point all the investment of time, capital, as well as heart and soul has to have its day.

In respect RA for not shipping a half-baked effort. Public opinion would have killed it before it had a chance.

It is a business after all and it is far better to do it right than to do it fast.

The man does make a good point though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:36:31 AM EDT
Yes, I think that their business practices suck, but in the end they will have a nice weapon.
Im sure I will have to have one of these too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:59:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SRTM4:
Yes, I think that their business practices suck, but in the end they will have a nice weapon.

That isnt an AR so why is this in AR tech?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:16:00 AM EDT
I bought a HAC-7 once and sent it back to the factory because their were a number of problems
with it...I never say it again...never got my money back...and the company told me they had a 'break in'
and it was stolen..yet they never reported it to the police...

Too far to drive or fly to puruse it in court...and then they went tango uniform...and that was the end
of that...

Had I kept that one of a kind piece and sold it as a collecters item I would have made a tidy profit...

if nothing else the XCR may very well be one of these.......

Get it keep it...dont shoot it....hang on to it...give it to one of your grandkids...

imo
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:40:32 AM EDT

I disagree here. I think if they didn't tell everyone in two weeks for the last year they would have no problems from the majority of the folks. You can't tell me that every 2 weeks they were thinking this was going to be ready for release. I call BS on that one. They should have stepped up to the plate and should have been honest with everyone. I really hope they release it in 2 weeks but I wouldn't hold my breath. I was going to get one but am not going to waste my time, too many nicer things coming out that isn't proprietary to such a wishy washy company.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:07:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FlyingFive0:

I disagree here. I think if they didn't tell everyone in two weeks for the last year they would have no problems from the majority of the folks. You can't tell me that every 2 weeks they were thinking this was going to be ready for release. I call BS on that one. They should have stepped up to the plate and should have been honest with everyone. I really hope they release it in 2 weeks but I wouldn't hold my breath. I was going to get one but am not going to waste my time, too many nicer things coming out that isn't proprietary to such a wishy washy company.

+1
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:42:39 PM EDT
I agree with FiveO, if they just gave realistic updates, very few people would be bitching. They already have a bad rep from the M96, so they have just made it worse. Not good for them with so much competition coming out like the FS2000, Sig 556, and one day the Scar. But with all that said, I have one ordered and will wait another "two weeks" for it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:19:52 PM EDT
Robinson Arms =
Top Top