Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2006 10:46:14 AM EDT
I have heard that you have to "adjust" the Cproducts 6.8 mag lips to properly feed 6.8 ammo. I adjusted to the .020" recommendation......to no avail. The SSA Xtreme FTF'd, every other round. Rem "Express" would feed...But seemed to jam on the first round. I had to "tweak" the lips to about  .050-.060 to feed my Stag 6.8. I went to the range today to test. All I had to run was the REM "Express". It ran without a hiccup through evey mag...(7, in total). Art, at SSA, had told me about the tweak when I experienced major problems with the "Extreme" rounds. What he said was ...manually eject the round, to see if the casing "hangs" in the mag....they did. I adjusted the lips unil the casing cleared the front edge of the mag. It worked like a charm. I had thought the problem was the blunt end of the "extreme".  I sent it back for exchange. Art, being the consumate entrepreneur, agreed to exchange it for the "Pro Hunter". I had tried the .020 tweak before I sent the extreme back....it didn't work for me. my recommendation is to do as Art suggested. push the round out of the mag, manually, to see if the casing catches on the edge of mag. If it does open the lips unitl it clears. Do this with at leat 20 rounds in the mag....as only a few rounds does not put enough pressure on the casing to notice the problem.

I would recommend that Larry, at Cproducts, look at this matter and make the necessary adjustments. other than that his mags are great.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]
height=8
Quoted:
Do this with at leat 20 rounds in the mag....as only a few rounds does not put enough pressure on the casing to notice the problem.

Right now I have only two 6.8 mags, 5 round C-Products for hunting.  Do you think it'll be a problem since I can't load 20+ rounds anyhow?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do this with at leat 20 rounds in the mag....as only a few rounds does not put enough pressure on the casing to notice the problem.

Right now I have only two 6.8 mags, 5 round C-Products for hunting.  Do you think it'll be a problem since I can't load 20+ rounds anyhow?

Your a funny guy. Ha Ha.....Feel better, now?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just asking.  Guess I'll find out if they need tweaking on my own.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry.... long day. If, when you push the cartridge forward in the mag & and the casiing edge hangs on the front  ridge of the mag, then open the lips of the mag, accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top