Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2003 7:27:40 PM EDT
Do either of these harm the accuracy or durability of the barrel?  I have a Colt HBAR 20 I either want to have turned to LW profile, or turned and shortened to 18" by Kurt.  DOes anyone know of any reason this should not be done on this barrel?  
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]
nope
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as Bubba doesn’t get his meat hooks on it you’re fine
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:48:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Kurt has turned down and shortened a great many barrels for the members here, and I can't recall anyone reporting any sort of problem...

The work Kurt has done for me has been exceptional, no problems whatsoever.  This ArmaLite and Bushmaster are my heavy use AR's.  Both are LW and cut to 14 1/2"... Do it, you won't regret it!

[url]www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=183340[/url]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:35:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys....sorry Bigbore, guess I should have run a search.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#6]
As if you needed any more recomendations, Kurt turned my HBAR "club" into the best feeling and handeling GVT. profile ever. While he didn't shorten it, his work is absolute perfection. (Added a bayo lug to the pre also)
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Who is Bubba?  Is he someone that works for Kurt.  I just received my Colt lower back from him after having the sear block removed and to be honest I wasn't totally happy.  I had 3 pretty good dings put on the upper edge of the lower where it meets the upper.  I don't know what it was caused by but it seems to me that damage should not occur during this or any process he does.  I'm now very reluctant to send any more work to Kurt even though everyone praises him.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top