Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2015 5:24:49 PM EDT
I need some help from the hive.

I have all my parts together for my build, but I will still need a light.

I am not a fan of the pressure pad setup, would rather just have a push button. I have been really pleased with Larue optic mounts in the past, and they seem to have what I want in a light mount as well.

The LT752

This one

However, I would prefer to use the mount with a light from Elzetta.

Specifically, the A112.

This one

If I can get this setup to work, I can get more light, for about a hundred less bucks than buying the Larue / SF combo.

I am having trouble finding specs for the dimensions of the light body / mount rings.

Does anyone know if I could use this light / mount combo?

-Tim
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
No, not even close. That mount is for Scout lights which have screw holes to attach them to the mount. Elzetta lights have no such provision.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah, ok thanks! I didn't realize that. What looked like "rings" to mount the light are actually a part of it, I guess.

Oh well, surefire it is.

-Tim
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah, ok thanks! I didn't realize that. What looked like "rings" to mount the light are actually a part of it, I guess.

Oh well, surefire it is.

-Tim
View Quote

If I may, call Brightflashlights. A Malkoff head, Arisaka body, and Surefire tailcap will make you a really nice light. That's what I did, you can get whatever mount you want that way and pay for nothing you don't want or won't use. He may even carry Larue mounts, I think he has everything else.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you used a light on an AR in the position you are wanting to mount it? Have you tried the 6 o'clock position? Don't believe what you read on the net about barrel shadow, it really isn't an issue for a SD weapon, I don't even see it myself. If you have a chance try the 1500 series mount from ElZetta, I have switched all my SD rifles over to this mount. Keeps my light in a great position, frees up the rail, operating the light with a button tail cap is incredibly easy using the sling swivel. For me it is the perfect position. YMMV??  
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
All you need for an Elzetta is a Gear Sector mount. This is the one you need.

I highly recommend Elzetta lights. I went with the Bravo with the AVS head and a simple rotary tail cap. Perfect for where I live. ( Rural open land with distant tree lines)

All Elzetta bodies are 1" BTW. Scroll down about halfway and look in the right side columns

YMMV my $0.02 and all that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like LaRue's QD mounts, I have one for my Trijicon ACOG but I wanted to throw this littel gem out there if you decide to go with the Surefire Scout  as it is extremely light weight and solid.  Of course you cannot take it off without the use of an allen wrench but it works great and allows you to extend the light out.

Haley Strategic Thorntail Scout mount

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i157/Michaelangelo1972/AR-15/Thorntail_Parts.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i157/Michaelangelo1972/AR-15/Surefire_Thorntail_SideView.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i157/Michaelangelo1972/AR-15/Surefire_Thorntail_TopMount.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i157/Michaelangelo1972/AR-15/Surefire_Thorntail_TopMount_LevelView.jpg
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Gear sector mount is what I use for my elzetta. Very compact and minimalist, yet robust.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top