Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/20/2008 6:32:59 PM EDT
I've only shot mostly pistols and want to get into AR's, for fun and to keep on hand as a SHTF rifle.  I have looked at the forums pretty thoroughly and have a good idea of what I want, but want a few opinions.  I am pretty sure I am going to go with a factory built rifle from either Bushmaster or Stag.  Currently i am leaning more towards Stag because of price and configuration. I'd like to hear from anyone out there with a complete Stag as to how they like it, and how any customer service dealings have been.  

Also, while looking around this weekend i found a very low priced rifle stamped Eagle Arms  Coal Valley, IL.  I haven't been able to find any info on this brand, so anyone out there that can shed some light onto them would be good.  The price on the Eagle Arms was $675, but i know I could get it for less.

Thanks for all the info/help in advance
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Eagle Arms is the price line ArmaLite. Non-Chrome lined barrels, less finish work and 1 year warranty.

Not a bad buy for the money.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an Eagle Arms lower that looks better than my Armalite lower.  I am not real sure there was any difference in the quality.  Maybe just the warranty.

Buy a complete lower and a complete upper for your first.  Insert 2 pins and it's together.  You can almost beat the price on any factory gun.

BTW, the CMMG bargin bin rifles are probably the best deal going right now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The Coal Valley guns are from before Eagle Arms bought the rights to the Armalite name.  I have a EA - Coal Valley receiver that I built up with Bushmaster parts.  

The magwell is on the tight side, but USGI mags all drop free - Thermolds & Orlites hang up, though.

FWIW, I believe all of the Coal Valley guns are pre-ban.  Someone in a Ban state might be interested.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top