Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/20/2008 5:32:59 PM EST
I've only shot mostly pistols and want to get into AR's, for fun and to keep on hand as a SHTF rifle. I have looked at the forums pretty thoroughly and have a good idea of what I want, but want a few opinions. I am pretty sure I am going to go with a factory built rifle from either Bushmaster or Stag. Currently i am leaning more towards Stag because of price and configuration. I'd like to hear from anyone out there with a complete Stag as to how they like it, and how any customer service dealings have been.

Also, while looking around this weekend i found a very low priced rifle stamped Eagle Arms Coal Valley, IL. I haven't been able to find any info on this brand, so anyone out there that can shed some light onto them would be good. The price on the Eagle Arms was $675, but i know I could get it for less.

Thanks for all the info/help in advance
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:43:05 PM EST
Eagle Arms is the price line ArmaLite. Non-Chrome lined barrels, less finish work and 1 year warranty.

Not a bad buy for the money.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 6:02:03 PM EST
I have an Eagle Arms lower that looks better than my Armalite lower. I am not real sure there was any difference in the quality. Maybe just the warranty.

Buy a complete lower and a complete upper for your first. Insert 2 pins and it's together. You can almost beat the price on any factory gun.

BTW, the CMMG bargin bin rifles are probably the best deal going right now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:53:31 PM EST
The Coal Valley guns are from before Eagle Arms bought the rights to the Armalite name. I have a EA - Coal Valley receiver that I built up with Bushmaster parts.

The magwell is on the tight side, but USGI mags all drop free - Thermolds & Orlites hang up, though.

FWIW, I believe all of the Coal Valley guns are pre-ban. Someone in a Ban state might be interested.
Top Top