Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/3/2007 7:04:07 PM EST
I'm looking to find an online dealer that has all of the following--I hate buying piecemeal.

a) Titanium firing for M4
b) Magpulls
c) Anti-tilt followers
d) Oversized magazine release

Any dealers have all these items in stock? I usually buy a lot more than I need, so I'm sure you'll be happy with my business!

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:53:42 PM EST
A piece of advice buy your followers with your mags.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=355878
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:00:19 PM EST
are you sure you want a titanium firing pin? titanium contrary to most thoughts is very brittle... strong overall but nowhere near as chip resistent as steel. your best bet is "TOOL STEEL" they are the hardest longest living... especially d2
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:01:44 PM EST
+1 - Avoid the titanium FP. The marginal lock time improvement is offset by reduced ignition reliability.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:02:14 PM EST
I already have the original pin for the M4. I want the titanium one, but honestly, a stainless pin would be just as good.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:41:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By Arcades057:
I already have the original pin for the M4. I want the titanium one, but honestly, a stainless pin would be just as good.

I've tried titanium pins in ruger 10/22's and 1911's , broker 2 in 1911 " 1st broke than replacement they sent broke..." and broke 2 of 3 in 10/22s... if titanium can't withstand brass.... thats just rediculous.. never broke or worn out a "stainless" or tool steel FP... I use a tool steel volquartsen firing pin for my full auto 10/22 with 30,000 rounds and going :) strong

honestly you'd be best with anything but titanium.. it's just a sales gimmick anything titanium nowadays seems to attract buyers... titanium razor blades, shavers, triggers, hammers, firing pins,shoe horns etc.etc.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:42:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/3/2007 9:43:18 PM EST by Shadowstep]
and to get back on topic go to www.rainierarms.com you'll find everything you need

bravocompany is also good but prices are kinda ~
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:48:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 2:06:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By Forest:

Originally Posted By Arcades057:
.. I want the titanium one, but honestly, a stainless pin would be just as good.

No you don't and no it isn't. Stick with the original chromed steel firing pin, you can't do better than that.

big +1
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 7:19:04 AM EST
As far as the Ti pin, with it being brittle and prone to chipping I would be worried about piercing the primer if it did chip just right. Ti parts are largely useless and seem to be more of a marketing gimmick than anything else.
As for one place to get the rest of the stuff try Brownells. I'm pretty sure they ahve everything you want.
Top Top