Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:20:30 PM EDT
I have always bought Troy BUIS and like them just fine, but I also have usually simply relied on them as "Back up" sights.

I do own one KAC 200-600 Rear BUIS and it is on my RECCE from HCS. Lately I am starting to use it a little and actually think I prefer it to the Troy. Other than some glare I get around the aperture, which I do not like.

Otherwise though, it seems more precise in both aiming and adjustments and I am contemplating selling all my Troy's and replacing them with KAC. Just wanting to hear from some of you guys who shoot mostly or only with flip up irons. What do you guys feel are the strengths and weaknesses of the two?

Most of my shooting is longer range precision and obviously I use powered optics because I am far from a High Power guy. But I am wanting to start more 100 and in practicing and would like to hear some thoughts on the matter from those with more experience. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
One thing I like about the KAC BUIS is that they don't obscure much of the sight picture. The Troy may be a little more durable because of the protective ears but they are probably about equal. For iron sight only shooting the 200-600m wins since it is adjustable for elevation though. Honestly a carry handle might not be a bad choice either.
Dustin
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive used Troys for years and recently switched to a KAC.  I thought the small aperture would annoy me, but I like it.  I like that they're less obtrusive and don't have wings or anything to muddle my view––though others claim to use the wings for indexing in fast transitions or someone ( I don't understand what they're talking about).  

But I think it's all user preference––I thought I'd love the HK style front sights, but hated them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top