Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2008 8:47:27 AM EDT
Trying to make a decision on a rear flip up sight for a RRA 16 inch A4 flat top with Eotech. Here are my two final choices:

The Troy:
http://troyind.com/rear.html

And the GG&G
http://www.cgwgun.com/Iron-BUIS-Sights/GGG-A2-BUIS__GGG-1005.aspx

I currently have a PADS rear flip up but don't really like it. I doubt I would ever use this rifle for more than 100 yards so I'm leaning towards the Try BUIS which Seems more reliable and not as easy to change the settings which I like. Any thought, comments or other suggestions are welcomed.

Link Posted: 11/9/2008 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally I like both companies.  For my AR pistol I decided to rethink my sights and went with a GG&G front flip for railed gas blocks and the rear I went with a Troy...as far as rears go, I really don't think there's anything better.
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you! I am looking for as many opinions as possible. So if you can comment on these 2 choices, please do.
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#3]
The troy seems to be built like a tank.I have 2 versions of the GG&G MAD and love them.Eventually ill have the troy too as I like variety.I have the MAD,Matech,and ARMS#40 and a #38 swansleeve.I do notice this though I get a better sight picture with the Matech as the peep hole is 5/64 and the rest on the small arperture including fixed handles and removable handles is 1/16.

I drilled out all my small arperture to 5/64 and they are more accurate and easier to hit with and sight in on than before.GG&G has great CS.I bought my 6 arperture ranging disc model and standard MAD used.The clamps were a bit bent so I called GG&G..they send me 2 new clamps and bolts at no cost and told me they waruntee thier products 100% new or used.

The thing I like about the Toy is its a same plane sight no matter wich arperture you use and that goes for the MAD as well.The A2 GG&G will mimick a standard M16 sight choice wich is not same plane.The MAD I think is just about if not the lowest profile BUIS out there.For that money though I would get the troy BUIS.
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Either one will serve you fine.  The GG&G is easier to adjust as you stated but not so easy you could accidentally do it

I have both the Troy and GG&G folding A2
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I am going to go with the Troy because of the build and simplicity. Any one know where the best price is?
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
if you dont care about color, there is a full set of troys on the EE for $160, they may be gone by now

$250 a set is going rate just about everywhere
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with the Troy rear BUIS. It is really hot. Great build. It's amazing how strong it is. The only issue is you need to rotate the aperture which can be in two positions so when you fold the whole thing down, it doesn't scratch the top of the receiver. I'm really being pick becuase it's not a big issue but it's an observation.

So I rate it a 9.5 out of ten.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top