Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/14/2004 9:23:36 PM EST
Questions to all the owners of it. What is that black strap about 6 inches long for?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:59:22 AM EST
The short strap allows you to quickly move your weapon from the chest position to your side by pulling it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:02:00 AM EST
Check out the one point sling instructions on the Troy website.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:49:42 AM EST
I must have it installed wrong, because the strap is behind my back.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:26:23 PM EST
here is a picture of the sling. As you can see, on the far right of the pad, there is a buckle. That's where the 6inch long strap is located at.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:10:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:
I must have it installed wrong, because the strap is behind my back.

Troy likes users to sling it over their weak side shoulder, contrary to what a lot of shooters are used to. So if you do it the common way, it will be in back. I'm just about ready to cut my damn strap off, as I have no use for it and its coming apart by itself due to their crappy stitch job:

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:16:26 PM EST
I shoot my rifles right handed. I put it over the weak shoulder. I have since moved the buckle with the small strap, near the center of the sling. This prevents the strap holding the rifle to slide around. I dont know if that's how it was meant to be used for sure though.
The rifle sits under my right arm pit. Works for me. I can wear the shoulder pad a little off, so the rifle sides in front of my body. Then I can just pull the strap and rifle will be under armpit. I prefer not to have my nuts crack, so I think i may cut the strap and just have it sit under my armpit.
Top Top