Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2014 12:23:02 PM EST
So I have been researching this for quite some time and seem to be chasing my tail. I have have heard conflicting stories where some people say they work great on POF's and others are shooting 8'' to 10'' below their bulls eye at 50 - 100 yards.

Does anyone know if Troy Micro Sights will work on a POF GEN 3 P308. I have an EOTech 552 and an EOTech 3x Magnifier on there as well. Someone out there must have tried this set up before.

This is what I do know or at least what I think I know.

1.) POF says to use Diamondhead Micro-D only but I think I would prefer Troy. Troy Micro's are cheaper than Diamondhead Micro-D on Amazon and the Tritium Troy Micros are only about $40 more than the Diamonhead Micro-D sights. (at least on Amazon)

2.) Well that's about it. I have heard so many different things I don't know what to think anymore.

3.) Oh yeah almost forgot. I do not want to spend $200 on sights to have to file down the *expletive* front sight.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 4:45:24 AM EST
Anybody? i guess I can buy them on Amazon and if they don't work I can easily return them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 8:26:20 AM EST
Well since it doesn't look like I'm going to get any feed back here I just broke down and ordered some Troy Micros on Amazon. They were like $172 shipped so not a bad price and I guess if they don't work i can just return them and order some Diamondhead Micro-D's.

I will update this next weekend when I get the sights on and try them out at the range if anyone cares to know if they will work on a POF P308 with EOTech 552 and EOTech 3x Magnifier
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 1:34:51 PM EST
Dammit, I wish I saw this. I have a set of Troy Micro sights I was saving for a POF that I could have gotten rid of until I decided to pony up and buy a POF.

They will work. I have tried them on a POF. It has the same added height as the RISR system as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:26:44 AM EST
Well mine should be here today. Hopefully I'll get to try them out this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:46:58 PM EST
Well I tried the Troy sights out this weekend. Unfortunately with the front post all the way down I was shooting several inches low at 100 yards.

Like I said not sure why some report these sights work for POF and some don't...
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:15:21 PM EST
For those of you with Gen 3 POF P-308: Get the Diamondhead Micro D perfect cowitness out the package. These will certainly work.
Top Top