Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 12:28:17 PM EDT
I am looking to put a quad rail on my mid length upper and am considering the Troy MRF-M 9.  The question I have is how difficult is it to install.  Will I need any specialized tools?  Also how does it compare to the other rails in the price range?  I am wanting a continuous top rail with solid fit and construction, and ease of install.  Should I consider any other rails?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The only free floating rail easier to install would be the Daniel Defense Omega rail.  Reason being you do not have to cut of the delta ring as will need to do with the Troy rail.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as ease of installation, I think the DD M4 was the easies I ever installed {but its twice the price}..  You will need to modify the delta ring for the troy but its easy to do, nothing to worry about...
http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Troy-Industries-SRAI%252dMRF%252dM9BT%252d00-9%22-MRF%252dM-Battle-Rail-%252d-BLK.html?google=1  has them pretty cheap and if you buy it today they are 5% more off...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Install was easy. Used a cut off wheel and carefully removed delta ring and springs. No need to remove handgaurd cap.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top