Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 3/17/2016 1:14:39 AM EDT
As it says, I'm looking for hands on feedback on troys HK style fixed sights
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 1:32:21 AM EDT
I really like the HK-style diopter sights and have PRIs or Troys on several of my rifles.  Additionally, I have HK sights on my HKs (91, 93 & SP89).

IMO/E the KH-style sighting system is vastly superior to the "dog ear" AR-15 style front sight.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 1:54:17 AM EDT
Thanks.  I really enjoyed the sights on my mp5sd and after selling that, have been interested in loading up a couple AR's with them
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:16:03 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By withoutremorse42:
Thanks.  I really enjoyed the sights on my mp5sd and after selling that, have been interested in loading up a couple AR's with them
View Quote

It's much easier to align two circles concentrically than it is to guess where the dog ears are supposed to be.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:55:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 12:49:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

It's much easier to align two circles concentrically than it is to guess where the dog ears are supposed to be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I like mine for the same reason.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 7:57:08 PM EDT
I found some centurions on armslist, talked the guy into taking them Off a 22 upper and selling separate. Thanks for the feedback all
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 9:29:53 PM EDT
I found some centurions on armslist, talked the guy into taking them Off a 22 upper and selling separate. Thanks for the feedback all
View Quote

Nice score.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 11:41:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2016 11:55:41 PM EDT by PFran42]
Real HK BUIS control windage and elevation from the rear BUIS. Trying to mish mash standard M4 sight adjustments with HK styling does not work. It defies the laws of physics.

EDIT:

...Unless you treat your front sight post as "fixed" with the POI exactly in the middle of the front circle and have a rear BUIS that can do both windage and elevation.

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:31:42 AM EDT
I don't like the HK style front sight as the front sight post is not in the center of the circle after adjusted for elevation.

Since the tendency is to center the circle in the rear peep, it can slow down your aimed fire.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 1:32:36 AM EDT
I have Troy Tritium folding sights, the front is a gas block sight with he HK style aperture. I like it, got a good deal on Gunbroker.com.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:53:35 AM EDT

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What am I missing?

The top of the front sight post (FSP) is centered and half-way up whatever size aperature you're using. The dog ears have nothing to do with it, the only time they come into play is when used to lead a moving target.

Correct?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:31:05 AM EDT
I found an old set of centurion c4s and grabbed em. In hindsight probably should have grabbed some troys just got too excited about the find. The 6.5" barrel arrived from v7, just waiting on my brownells package for the rest of the upper pArts
Top Top