Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 2:54:29 PM EST
Guys,

I just joined this board as I have benefited from such tremendous information and resources and only hope to contribute. With that said I wanted to share an experience recently with Troy Industries and cgwgun.com - I have no affiliation with either.

After much research, (particularly on this board) I decided to purchase the Troy Industries Folding Rear Battle Sights - with tritium. I attempted to order them from two distributors only to learn after my order was placed that they were back ordered. So I went directly to Troy Industries and ordered them there. The next morning I received an email from Samantha at Troy apologetically informing that they too were out of stock and that it would be two weeks. I asked her if there were some stocking distributors she would recommend - she immediately responded with a list. After exhausting the list and still no luck I came upon cwggun.com - their site showed an in stock status - I called to verify. Rich answered and was very helpful and confirmed stock. I ordered the sight and contacted Samantha at Troy to request a cancellation - once again a very quick friendly response.

Rich called me a few hours after my order was placed to let me know that they had received and processed it as my email confirmation did not come through. (I ordered it via their website, although Rich was more than willing to take my order over the phone.) The sight arrived the very next day, very well packaged.

The sight itself is a manufacturing work of art - very high quality, very well machined. I eagerly installed the sight - I have not had an opportunity to shoot with it yet though.

That evening I checked out the night sights and felt as though they weren't quite as large in diameter as I would think they would be - I have a Glock 19 with night sights and their dots are huge. So I sent an email to cwggun.com AND Troy Industries expressing my concern - I received immediate friendly and thorough responses from both companies. They both graciously explained the differences from a night sight intended for a pistol at arms length from your eye and a rifle sight just a few inches away. They apologized for any disappointment I might have had and offered a refund.

I have since evaluated their explanation and fully agree - if I place my Glocks sights as close to my eyes as my AR sights are, I would temporarily lose my night vision.

I have decided that these are one of the finest sights on the market and will absolutely be keeping them - even if I was disappointed, the service from these two companies has been so excellent I would keep them regardless. You can't go wrong dealing with cwggun.com and Troy Industries - I highly recommend!

I know there are many other fine manufacturers and distributors supported by this board - I share this only to help others when deciding when and with whom to spend their hard earned money - these two companies certainly exceed the standard for their responsiveness, help, and friendliness.
Top Top