Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 11:04:16 AM EDT
Have been looking at the Troy battlesights a lot. The DOA rear folding battlesight has really got my eye. Is it really any better than the standard rear folding battlesight? It definitely looks cooler, but I have never shot one so I don't know how it would line up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:16:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By awill0352:
Have been looking at the Troy battlesights a lot. The DOA rear folding battlesight has really got my eye. Is it really any better than the standard rear folding battlesight? It definitely looks cooler, but I have never shot one so I don't know how it would line up.

Sighted in a set of the micro-DOA sights on my SIG556 yesterday. I liked the diamond pattern for the rear - I set the top of the front sight in line with the left and right points on the diamond, and I was good to go.

Quality gear, well-executed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:32:03 AM EDT
I bought a DOA and hated it, but it was mostly because I already own 4 sets of the
normal rear. Getting used to the DOA would have been difficult, so I sold it and bought
another standard.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:21:03 PM EDT
ive had a pair of troys mounted with a DOA rear for over a year now and i am extremely happy with them. going from a standard aperture to a DOA does take getting used to but the corners in the aperture make it easy to acquire your front sight. try it out. you wont regret it.
Top Top